Isolate the view of a drawing from its assembly

Hello

I am currently drawing and encountering a few problems:

Indeed I have "Deleted" components of my assembly (and not "Deleted") to allow to keep only the elements I need. I insert my eyesight, etc, etc, so far no problem, it does the job.

Now when I go back to the template and work on it, I may need to do "Undo Deletion" to resurface previously deleted items. The problem is that of course when I go back to my drawing, the inserted view includes the elements that I would like not to appear.

I tried the "Freeze current view" command but it doesn't seem to have the desired effect. Will there be a control that allows you to keep only the elements of the view at the time it was inserted?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Go to the property of the view on which you want to delete parts.

Then go to the Hide/Mount Components tab and select the components to hide!

2 Likes

Hello

In your 3D create configurations, see the post preceding yours...

@+

2 Likes

Thank you for this answer.

However, it can't be okay because the problem with this method is that when I call the BOM in relation to the view, the software takes all the parts out of the view. The hidden ones and the visible ones, while I would like to have only the visible pieces.

When I "delete" parts from the assembly and insert the view and call the bill of materials, the deleted parts are not visible.

Hence the interest in being able to isolate the display modification drawing view made on the model. I don't know if it's very clear what I'm saying...

To have in the nomenclature only the visible parts of the plan, you have to make configurations with only the parts you want to display, as indicated by Coyote.

Re for coyote,

I thought about it but that's a very large number of configurations!! In addition, the complex assemblies are already very heavy so I'm afraid that making more configurations to allow drawings will weigh down the file even more so that it becomes difficult to work on it...

Won't adding configurations (it would be more like derivative configurations in my case) make the files super heavy?

And make sub-assemblies?

Is this possible for you?

Hello

It is also possible to exclude (non-deleted) parts from the BOM

in the assembly: right-click on the part/component properties/ check Exclude from BOM (bottom right)

To be combined with display states

1 Like

Thank you for your answers,

I already have sub-assemblies, and sub-sub-assemblies, but the parts are complex and have a large number of components. So it's indeed very practical to make the drawings of the sub-assemblies, but to make the final assembly plans, it's much more delicate... I will take good note of your remarks and remember that, like yesterday, it is the use of configurations that is the solution to my problem.

Regarding the display configurations, I don't know anything about this tool (I'm new to SW). Do you know of one or more documentary resources on the subject at any chance so that I can learn a little about it?

Thank you very much for your help

Hello

Configurations are not necessarily necessary.

You can use "display states"

etat_daffichage.jpg