I registered on lynkoa thinking I would access 3d in CAD at the student price

Hello.

I registered on lynkoa, thinking as a retiree that I would have access to 3D in CAD at the student price.

Am I still full of illusions at my age?

Thank you.

Hello!

So welcome :)

Lynkoa is not a sales site but a community mutual aid site.

So yes you can access the CAD (even as a retiree) by asking your questions right here, but no, you can't access the student version from here.

You may have to see directly with a SW dealer (or other software) for this.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Hello.

Some, like Dassault System, distribute professional 2D CAD software for free in French: It's DraftSight. That's already a lot.

PTC has a student- and retiree-friendly approach , it's in English, it's 3D CAD, but it's also PLM  and Cloud Computing. There are too many, it is embarrassing to spend six months to learn how to use them.

Autodesk, with Autocad, which we all handle, is stubborn as a mule. He makes a good effort for the students. Nothing for the old, retired people who have participated in its success for years, . The reseller replies to make a request to Autodesk, which repeats its rule;

I hoped, with lynkoa, for greater publicity for my point of view. Possibly an indication of a possible approach, at a reasonable price for a personal hobby, without commercial goal.for a professional 3D CAD software.

Thank you.

P.S.  3D CAD is for drawing; among others, hulls of model ships.

Thank you.

Hello

Being what we can call a switcher, I noticed that there is more software with free on Mac. But these are basic software that can help to draw 4 walls of a house and make a small plan. 

For boat hulls..... I'm afraid that these are too light. 

The other solution is to have a nephew or niece, sons and daughters with a student card and apply for ;) 

1 Like

Nothing prevents you from being a student

there are CAD CAD training courses, including GRETA

which may also be accessible to a retired person with a view to creating a self-employed business

@+ ;)

Good evening Michel,

In free 3D CAD software, there is Google SketchUp

(http://google-sketchup.softonic.fr/)

and for use, you have an excellent "Tutorial" from Adebeo at your disposal but not sure that you can easily design hulls for a model boat.

If you want to test SolidWorks (probably one of the most appropriate for what you want to do) for free for 30 days see the following link and read fthomas' answer

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/demo-gratuite-solidworks

1 Like

I think that there is currently no 3D CAD software that is free, simple to learn, and efficient to the point of being used in industry.

Secondly, it is important to keep in mind that this software is designed for manufacturers and not for individuals.

The fact of offering student versions is to their advantage since one fine day, the student becomes an employee and works on the software in question (and therefore pays for a license).

For retirees, on the other hand, it's a different story since they have nothing to gain from it. They are commercial companies and therefore do everything to generate money. 

Sorry but I think that concretely, at the moment, 3D CAD is not accessible as a hobby, except with software such as Sketchup but not at all industry-oriented.

That's just my point of view, I could be wrong:)

2 Likes

Hello Michel,

First of all, bravo for the courage! A boat hull is not easy.

I want to tell you that if you can access PTC, such as Creo, at a low price as a retiree, it's worth it. I think it is possible to switch from English to French easily.

You don't need the cloud, and everything else, even if it needs to be installed.

Today, Creo is particularly affordable, with fairly simple modules, while accompanying you to quite complex things like a boat hull.

I trained a 58-year-old boilermaker who had never done CAD, and in one year, he makes special machines of 500 parts with surfaces that are not easy! It's possible...

We are here to help you, and if you need to do not hesitate to contact me, I have been immersed in PTC for 14 years and am ready to give you a hand.

What is certain is that we have nothing to do with philanthropists in this world...

@+

Do a Google search

you'll find logs for 3D

Don't forget that the student versions don't allow you to do everything

@+ ;-D

Hello

A few small clarifications after what I have just read here.

Lynkoa is indeed a multi-CAD mutual aid platform.

Lynkoa is not a software reseller, although Lynkoa allows partners to sell CAD software, or applications all related to CAD.

We are not able to provide student licenses, distributors like SolidWorks have their own tools to do so.

As far as SolidWorks is concerned, there is a student version. We have already talked about it here (it was the subject of a question) and we answered by giving the link to obtain a student license (not to be confused with a national education license)

@Michel: Your project is underway and I'm going to call my director (who is on vacation) to publish your challenge. As I told you, we will do everything we can to try to help you in your project that is so important to you.

We are in the summer period, with reduced staff (myself on vacation), but we do not forget our goal, that Lynkoa is an active platform of mutual aid, and that each BE technician, engineers, students, teachers, enthusiasts find here material to find knowledge that they lack, help and assistance.

Yves

Community Manager Lynkoa

2 Likes

Hello.

Yves' answer is good. I didn't ask for so much.

It's been quite a few years since I left the industry and if I can download a 3D CAD software , for a month, I can't invest myself temporarily.

I'm looking for a 3D software, nothing more at a price for retirees.

Thank you.

Hello.

I made the hull of the submarine without 3D software, out of plumbing tubes.

I am an introduction to the CREPP in Ploemeur for the handling of an Arduino board for a PLC.

The objective is to assemble a 3D printer as a kit and eventually use it in model making.

The manager told me about Free Draw, open source 3D drawing; issuing a reservation because it runs on LINUX.

I don't want to be free, I don't want to and can't spend months learning how to handle LINUX, or how to use a big industry software in English.

There are very generous computer scientists who make their 3D vector software available.

We can't ask them to be computer scientists, mathematicians, and other elements that a dedicated team allows. You have to avoid bugs, it's hard enough to get out of it.

See you

Thank you.