I can't get next to sheet metal part with transition fold

For the drawing I can't get next to the unfolded part and the unfolding is not automatic on the drawing.

adapt_0.jpg

Hello

This is normal, on a square / round base transition fold the press does not contain a rectilinear cpoté or an arc of a circle ... So no possibility of starting odds. There is the possibility of doing point-to-point odds by putting them by hand on the press!

2 Likes

Hi @davidem2020

2 solutions to dimension your cut:
Either this flat cut is very close to an arc of a circle, so you redraw one on top of it with the sketch tool and you dimension this arc.
Or you can't find a correct arc of a circle and then you have to dimension the spline: you generate points every N mm (the N depends on the desired precision) and you dimension each point in X and Y.

@+ ;-)

If you get a developed one, why rate it? Make a dxf directly on a 1:1 scale, your laserrist will appreciate it! (Assuming of course that your folding settings are correct, but with an unfolded side, you would have the same problem! ) Just put the 2 sides of the envelope rectangle.

6 Likes

Yes that's what I do every time, but the case where the boilermaker wants to cut his sheet metal himself (very rare I admit) ... if the 1:1 scale part does not fit on an A0 there are no other solutions!!!

3 Likes

If you have an old-fashioned boilermaker who wants to cut his sheet metal himself, I think he will work from the finished part plan and not from the developed.

As for the 1:1 scale plan released in dxf, I put the unfolded on a 2nd folio which is only used for the unfolded and where there is no frame, so the view can exceed A0.

Now, on the example, it's already a beautiful beast!! gulp!! It might be cut into at least 4 pieces, right?

1 Like

Hi @ David 2020

with regard to the room

I find the transition from round to square section............. .... a bit fast especially for these sections 

@+ ;-)

Hello, Personally for the workshop, when the folding plan is quite complex like here.

I side them point by point, and he arranges at the bending machine to put himself in the stop.

SEE IMAGE,

deplie.png

Your piece is more of a shaping than anything else, isn't it?

Made by stamping?

It is true that it would be simpler to make it in 4 welded sheets

With beautiful welds the result will be equivalent!

Hello

To see if possible on SW, but in dxf export, there are options to break the spline into straight pieces.

All that's left to do is to rate the points, or better put them in a table it looks better and clearer.

S.B

2 Likes

Thank you all for the answers, I'll think about it all and send you the result. The cutting must be done by hand with a blowtorch. The sheet metal is 8mm and the whole weighs 1600 Kg with the flanges (square and round).

1 Like

Here is a more "Agreeable" example

round.square connection

fitting.sldprt
3 Likes

the SW example and in sw2013 for earlier versions

I attach the images

raccord.zip
3 Likes