I'm looking for a tutorial on the design of plastic mold electrode thank you in advance

Hello

This is a bit short as a text and explanation for your research.

How do you expect us to give a tutorial in any case that's what gogole and  youtioube say Especially for electro-erosion

Kind regards

EDIT : I would like to point out that there is (was) a specialized module (like an Add-on) look here if it can help you here a video

1 Like

Electrode for soldering, for electrostimulator? The subject is vast and very varied, please specify to have a real answer.

3 Likes

thank you for your answers

1 Like

I have to make electrodes to finish a metal part I would like information on the best method

1 Like

The electrode will be done using the "Combine" command.

You have to "subtract" the electrode from the model.

For example:

2 Likes

Result:

1 Like

Hi @aliende

unless it's one of your students so I understand your answer better

but for someone who reads the question without any other data 

not easy to answer

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello @ ste

Here is the step-by-step instructions for the  image of @Aliende

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWcb1p-zb0

It is one of the links I gave above

2 Likes

@gt22, just by chance, I was just working on it with an intern who is going to make molding tools for an internship next week.

2 Likes

chance does things well...; -)

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

@aliendre it's a little more complicated to make an electrode. It is necessary to know the method of erosion, either in a straight  dive or in orbit, the material "copper or graphite" if the shape is concave, convex or both. If it is a rough electrode, finishing because all its information which is crucial gives you a GAP "spark length  "  once this value is known it is either subtracted or added to your electrode.

May the force be with you.

3 Likes

Hi Obi Wan

why don't you put the gap on the milling machine or the wire machine, so you only draw an electrode and the tech workshop but the gap that needs directly in these tool parameters

Why not

But be careful if you have rays to respect, it may be wrong.

may the force be with you.

2 Likes

The risk is the same with Solidwork. it seems to me