I want to choose a CAD software between Solid and Pro-E (CREO 2)

Hello

As part of a project, I have to work with large radius (>4000 m with 1/10 mm accuracy), I met the two salesmen from PTC and Dassault (well their resellers) and they both tell me that they know how to do it. However, to achieve this goal, they both tinker with the units. Do any of you have any feedback on this ability of one or both of the software? Personally, I have only tried on Solidworks and I can create a radius of 1000m at most.

Thank you for your answers

It's still big!

Can be seen with other software dedicated to large structures. On the other hand, I don't have any in mind.

Hello

I just tried it on SolidWorks. Indeed, you can't have a sheet metal radius of more than 1000m.

Then you can create your parts with a scale of 1/10 and then create a scale function.

To be validated according to what you want to do precisely.

See you.

Edit: Which has nothing to do with the software. But I would like to know by what process you can have a sheet metal part (if it is sheet metal) with a radius of more than 4000m and an accuracy of 0.1mm.

Hello

it is enough to be in the railway field. Locally in a switch, the spokes can go up to 7000 m.

1 Like

Remrem, I've worked with such a large radius before, but it wasn't PSAS in sheet metal!

They were switches for the railways.

remrem,

Would you know where it is possible to play on this scale?

The Solid salesman told me that he could work at 10^8 i.e. that on a radius of 1000 m, the software would be 1/100 mm in accuracy.

Yes!!! Earned!!!!

Newtazzmania, where I worked in the camera cameras, they use Pro-E but they also had problems with precicions in the large shelves.

The only tools they had (and I think they still have) to do it accurately is..... ME10!

1 Like

Hello

Under CREO 3.0, I set the unit in cm, an accuracy of 0.0012cm and I can make a radius of 500,000cm.

It must fit into your data.

S.B

1 Like

S.B ,

Is there a difference between CREO 3 and CREO 2 (I guess that not being called the same there is a diff).

So conclusion with CREO 3 we can make a radius of 5 km with an accuracy of 1/100 mm. Is it the same on CREO 2?

I think the differences are minimal. It's just an evolution of the version. I don't think there are any differences for your problem.

If you buy you must have access to the latest version.

The best in my opinion is to test it by yourself on a trial version.

http://fr.ptc.com/product/creo/3d-cad/parametric/free-trial

S.B

1 Like

Well finally, I go for Pro E (CREO 2), it is able to do what I ask of it unlike Solid. Too bad for the French software.

Thank you all for your advice