The repair following an import diagnosis does not solve the part

Hello 

I imported a part from my supplier and before anything else I carry out an import diagnosis to be sure to have an uncorrupted part. Despite this, I sometimes can't repair the parts properly and they still show up with unresolved errors. Are there other methods to solve this kind of problem? I specify that it is originally a step file that gives an assembly or a part.

Thank you for your help

Hello

I often have a problem with sheet metal parts where the corners touch each other and sometimes it goes faster to redraw the corrupted parts.

1 Like

post your piece to see

if there are any possibilities to resolve this matter 

@+ ;-)

Here's the file.

For my part, I converted it into a part file and not an assembly but I can always go back! Once the part was created, I tried to make an extrusion but it is not possible. I just try to keep the cable chain (the loop and not the big parallelepiped that drags underneath). 

Thanks for the help.

13_104m_14340_087_200_0___143400_087_12_c_a_3.zip

post the step

Thank you

Here is!

Thank you

13_104m_14340_087_200_0___143400_087_12_c_a_3.stp

not better for me sorry ;-(

I think the best thing is to redo the links and recreate your chain

@+

Hello

Here are your files in the error-free zip in Solidworks 2016.

13_104m_14340_087_200_0___143400_087_12_c_a_3.zip

What method did you use ac cobra 427?

I first tried to repair everything and then tried to repair all the faces and try all the discontinuities and I validated.

1 Like

I'll have to take a closer look! Did you do this from the assembly or from the part?

Edit: I think I'm missing a step to have all the files backed up like you did! How do you  do it?

I opened the parts from assembly and started the diagnosis and repairs.

1 Like