Drag and drop action failed

Hi all!

On Solidworks 2022 SP3, when I'm in an assembly and I try to add parts that are "standard" in my company, it puts me "drag and drop action failed". 

I manage to add it by closing everything that is open on solidworks and then opening this part only (especially since it is often a simple rivet or a nut...) and then I have to reopen my assembly which is often heavy and therefore it wastes a lot of time ^^'. 

Have you by chance had the same problem as me? And if so, do you have an idea?

Thank you all in advance!

Aymeric MARTIN

When you say I try to add: can you specify your way of proceeding?

Hello

1) avoid working with SP3.0 in production (we made this mistake on the 2020 and we bitterly regret it)

2) we have a similar bug: the drag and drop (from an explorer to the SW window) bugs more or less on our version: often it doesn't work the first time (you see the part in the assembly but it's not really there and disappears) then works again

3) open your part in Solidworks and then insert it into the assembly: chances are it will work better that way

1 Like

Hello @froussel! 

Yes indeed that's what I was already doing, I opened the part alone first before opening my assembly for the moment. 

But is there no other way? Because if my assembly is open I can neither add it from a file explorer, nor simply open it because it tells me that there is a problem in opening my file.

Thank you for your answer!