Lantek expert

Hello, I would have liked to know if any of you use Lantek Expert?? (Laser cutting software)

I have problems with error message on it and after many internet searches, impossible to find a forum or other to help me solve my problems...

Basically, when opening a dxf file in a job, when I select my file, I get error messages that appear before opening the file...
These error messages strongly resemble file properties (e.g., $LASTSAVEDBY, $DIMFXL, $DIMFXLON.....) The DXF files come from Autocad.

Even if you don't know Lantek Expert, do you know or can configure the properties of my Autocad file in order to delete them?? I searched but I couldn't find anything that matched these messages...

I suspect that my question must not be very clear but it's very hard to explain my problem without showing it live :-/

In any case, thank you in advance to those who can give me the beginning of an answer;)

Cdt

Joss.G

EDIT: By the way, the title of the error messages is "Invalid Header Data".

Hi Joss.G, do you have this messgae with a single dxf file?

Hi Aurélien!

No, with all of them!

Hahahha Lantek^^

Yes, I have been an expert Lantek user for 3 years.

These error messages appear when I import a dxf or dwg from a client.

I deduced that it is their registration format that differs from mine.

But it doesn't impact the part, you can import it like that, do ok ok ok ok and keep working.

Otherwise you open the dxf with draftsight or Sw and you re-register it.

Edit: If the files come from your computer, indeed you need to review your recording format. I know that there are several formats. In any case, if you save your dxf with Sw, you won't have any problems importing into Lantek

4 Likes

Hi @ Joss

why not try to turn your DXF file into another version 

Make a copy and see the result 

@+

1 Like

So, maybe you need to remove the attributes from your piece.

To do this in AutoCAD:

"Object" window then "Properties" - Click on quick selection

Fill in the fields below:

Apply to : Entire drawing

Object Type: Attribute Definition

Operator : Select all

Click on "Ok" and then delete

[edit] If you need pictures, I can also attach them to you, I wrote a porcedure of this type for the B.E where I am :)

[edit] I just made a tutorial -> http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/procedure-manuelle-de-conversion-en-sat-sur-autocad

2 Likes

Hello

Have you tried to record under DWG but in an older year?

With DraftSight for example, you can choose and I had problems when I was in too recent a vertsion.

Try 2002 for example, it's a good vintage!

2 Likes

So, thank you for your messages, indeed it was the recording format...

Basically, when I register under autocad 2007, I get about twenty error messages, under 2004, I have 2 and under 2000, I don't have any more!

Re-recording via another software (draftsight and Profirst) also works!

Now, to whom is the best answer? ^^

Let's say first come, first served!

Thank you cartoonists;)

Cdt

Joss.G

1 Like

By the way Joss, I'm interested in your opinion.

I currently use Lantek for punching.

In the future, we would like to have a water jet. (Or laser)

The software works well for deocupe? Don't you have any big problems?

And profirst, I guess it's paid or provided with your laser?

@bart,

I admit that I don't directly deal with laser cutting, only with the cleaning of the plans and the unfolding of sheet metal to send them to be cut. I enter the parts on Lantek, that's all, I don't go any further, a specialized team takes over. But afterwards, I didn't get any feedback on bad cuts, except when the drawing is badly done (superimposition of lines, open contours... But it's hard to get it wrong, Lantek gives a good view of open contours and it has some functions that allow you to automatically correct errors of this type.
The software works perfectly well (in any case when it comes to getting parts into it) And Profirst was provided with it if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, Profirst is a copy and paste of Autocad but not as good (in my opinion). So I don't use it.

After that, it's the opinion of a temporary worker who has been working on it for only 3 weeks;p

2 Likes

Hello

Personally, I worked 3 years with Profirst and I have good memories of it. Especially its automatic contour cleaning tool.

1 Like

Hello Frédéric, it is true that Profirst integrates very practical functions but overall, used to Autocad, I find it less intuitive and less "complex" on some features, which makes it very difficult to get what I wanted when I tried it. And the two or three functions like the cleaning of the contours you are talking about, I find them in Lantek Expert. After that, my colleague only works on Profirst and he's very happy with it!

Cdt

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the info.

I managed to develop Lantek well, (speed optimization via excel in csv, output of labels with cnc code etc...)

I wondered if it was as simple and intuitive for waterjet as for punching.