Sheet Metal Parameter Reading via SolidWorks Document Manager API

Hello

I'm looking for a way to read the sheet metal settings of a part via the document manager API?

(I already do this check but when opening the room it takes time :/)

Kind regards

Do you have any links to what you've watched so far?

Can you clarify that too?
 > (I already do this check but when opening the room it takes time :/)"

Currently I use Excel to check a large amount of elements for example with this function below

2017 SOLIDWORKS API Help - GetCustomBendAllowance Method (ISheetMetalFeatureData)

Hello

Solidworks document manager only provides access to general information about a file. The functions and their properties are beyond its reach.

On the other hand, it allows you to access the information of the dimensions created with DimExpert with, for example, the ISwDMDimXpertLengthDimTol function . But this requires creating the DimExpert dimension during the design of the room.

Is it then possible to retrieve with a "get" the list of odds and their values? without going through dimxpert? 

Hello MaD, it's been a long time :-)

Then these parameters must be stored somewhere because they are accessible via a note in the MEP. If you create a MEP with an unfolded one and if you right-click on it==>annotations==>properties of the list of welded parts.

The list of odds is not accessible without going through DimExpert.

But as ac cobra 427 has pointed out ,
if the dimension is contained in one of the properties of the welded part,
it can be extracted with GetCustomPropertyValue2

After updating to SW 2020 I managed to get the code below to work

Read All Custom Properties using SOLIDWORKS Document Manager API (codestack.net)

1 Like