Solidworks 2015 Abnormal Slowness

Hello

We have PCs where Solidworks 2014 is installed and runs smoothly.

We wanted to install the 2015 version (while keeping the 2014 version) and it is not usable because all the actions are very slow: about ten seconds before the execution of the function (zoom, rotation, file opening,...)!

Does anyone have an explanation?

Hello

Please check if you have installed the Microsoft KB3072630 from Windows Update, like this:

1. To open Windows Update, click the Start button .Image du bouton Démarrer In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
  2. In the left pane, click View update history.

If so, you should uninstall it by following this tutorial:

http://www.mycadblog.fr/problemes-solidworks-rencontres-apres-la-mise-a-jour-de-microsoft/

If it doesn't work, you can reset the SolidWorks settings (which you can restore later) to determine if it comes from the configuration of the workstation: http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/reinitialiser-les-parametres-solidworks

1 Like

KB3072630 was successfully disabled before installation.

I'll look for solidworks settings.

1 Like

Strangely enough, the slowness was due to a bad configuration of our server

2 Likes

i.e.? Can you explain which bad conf of the server? I'm interested.

Yes I'm also interested, it's a solidworks license server?

A PDM server?

Or just a file server?

What have been the changes?

1 Like

I don't know exactly, it was the IT department that took care of it.

There must have been a problem with the configuration of connections on the company's server or on the license server.

I detected the problem when I unplugged the network cable because I found that windows also had "slow" behaviors

We've had the same bp for 1 week, sw has slow (even a simple function has trouble launching).

When you look in the manager, SW explodes the scores as if he doesn't let go. Even without an open file, all the memory was full by sw.

and of course windows is lagging too...

If you can have the info, I'm really interested.

Has this been solved with the hotline? Or just the IT department?

I don't know if I will be able to get any information because the computer maintenance is carried out by an external company... In addition, I was not present during their intervention.

Did you unplug the network cable and work locally to check that solidworks was working properly?

The info service has blocked Windows auto updates. And delete the last ones installed.

For the moment, it works...

The only information I could get: solidworks was going to look on a bad license server (following the move of the PC and therefore of the server)

1 Like