Solidworks Slow with NVidia Geforce GTX960M Graphics

Hello

I just installed solidworks 2017 on a new PC with an NVIDIA Ge force GTX960M graphics card. I know that it is not validated by SOlid but on my old work PC it worked very well following a manipulation of the driver.

Yesterday everything was working very well and since this afternoon solid is really very very slow for everything and I wonder if there hasn't been an automatic update of the card driver.

Do you have any solutions so that I can use solid again because now it's just impossible....

Thank you in advance for your help

Good evening

If there has been an update of the graphics card driver, you can already try to go back to the old driver to confirm that the problem comes from there.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

Check the update log to see if there was one and if there was a restore point to create. If this is the case, you can go back to the configuration of the pc before this update and you can block it.

1 Like

Thanks for this info, I don't know how but I managed to go back to an earlier version and for now it works again! Saved!! On the other hand, I can't really explain how... Sorry but I'm really poor computer scientist...!

1 Like

Hello

Nvidia's Geforce range is intended for the general public. The drivers are not optimized at all for 3D applications. But rather for games, photography...

The Quadro range is optimised for pros with certified and tested drivers for our everyday tools.

2 Likes

Perform a system restore

http://forums.cnetfrance.fr/topic/1344289-windows-10--comment-restaurer-a-une-date-anterieure-avec-un-point-de-restauration/

@+