Slow display of results in solidworks simulation

Hello

I'm having a problem with solidworks simulation 2016 (and colleagues as well) with the slow display of results.

No worries about the mesh and the calculation (around 2-3 min).

On the other hand, at the end of the calculation it can happen to wait 5-10 minutes before the results are displayed, and the time is the same if you want to switch from one result or another or when you want to access the properties (to modify a unit, a scale etc...).

The calculations are basically carried out on a server, but the test was carried out locally and the result is the same.

It was also noted that the more calculations were performed, the longer the waiting time.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello

What are the characteristics of your machines?

I'm also working on the 2016 SP5 and I'm not experiencing this slowness. Yet I have a reasonable machine:

Processor: i7-4800MQ (2.7 Ghz)

RAM: 16 GB

graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro K3100M (4GB)

Do you have 2 screens?

If so, can you test by activating only one screen (close solidworks, put yourself on a single screen, open solidworks and do the test)

Keep us informed

The problem certainly comes from the resolution which differs between the 2 screens ;-)

Indeed, working on a single screen unblocks the situation.

but it's even more vicious than that... you also have to be local

The 1st calculation must be done locally and on a screen, then you can restart the calculation by activating the 2nd screen and even switch back to the server there is no longer any waiting time for the results to be displayed.

whew...

Thank you Max59 ;)

Can this problem be solved if we go to SP5?

we are in SP4 currently.

I don't think it's a bug, this problem has existed for years, it's graphic...

If this solves the problem, the cause is probably an incompatibility between the graphics card and the incompatible resolution monitors.

There are two possible workarounds:

1) Use a single display or try DualView with two monitors of the same resolution
2) Use DualView but with OpenGL enabled