Slow welded construction function

Hello
I just switched from SDW15 to SDW16 but I still have the same problem.
When I use the welded construction function, as soon as my system is composed of more than 4 or 5 elements, I have big problems with slowness every time I want to select the assembly, or every time I want to edit the welded construction function.
Each side of the system loads one by one (see attached screenshot), and it can sometimes take up to 3min.
Can you help me?
Thank you!

1 Like

Is it on Windows 7, 8 or 10?

1 Like

And which Service Pack?

1 Like

Hello

To overcome this problem you can lower the bar to lock the functions (yellow bar at the top in the creation tree (top of history)). It will prevent unnecessary reloading. Are you up to date with your graphics card drivers???

2 Likes

I have the impression that you use profiles like Item24 or Bosch.

With this kind of profile, the functions of welded constructions are indeed slow. So, I try to make several "simple" functions instead of a big one that does everything, even if it means having to make adjustments that would have been done automatically.

Regarding the adjustment functions, use a face rather than the body as the adjustment limit. It's just a little less beautiful.

4 Likes

The shape of the profile must indeed play a role in the slowness of the process... but I'm not convinced that switching from Sldw2015 to Sldw2016 helps to solve the problem.

We should look more at the characteristics of the pc/workstation.

Which processor, RAM, graphics card, etc?

1 Like

Hi all

Thank you for your answers!

I solved my slowness problem by unchecking the "emulate open GL functions" box in tools>options>performance.

It seems that my AMD FirePro W2100 graphics card is enough.

Thank you and see you next time!

1 Like