The selected entity could not be converted

The selected feature could not be converted to a circular line or arc

CF Image, I got this error message when I wanted to dimension between my beam and my sheath (red and blue line)... I don't understand why it refuses to rate that... Yet my beam is rectangular, like my sheath...

Has anyone ever had this problem?

Thank you.

entite_selectionnee.png

I know this happens to me sometimes when I'm trying to convert an entity that isn't on a coplanar plane to the one I'm drawing on.

To avoid this, I go back with a sketch on top of it and I constrain to have the same thing

2 Likes

But why convert to quotation?

Otherwise you have to select the 1 of the two strokes, click on another line that is perpendicular to this 1st stroke, click on sketch point to get the intersection point, then do the same thing for the second stroke.

From there, rib via the 2 points created.

2 Likes

If I followed the thread of your questions correctly, your beam must be an imported body (or even a surface). If I followed correctly too, you had big problems importing your building. So I think that the beam you are trying to dimension (or at least hang a dimension) is not a straight line but a spline!!

SW refuses doc to hang a rib on it!

If that's right, the way out is to place a point (or other remarkable entity like a line) on your view and attach the desired dimension to it (I'll prefer a point, with a line, you risk having an angle and not a straight one). You will also certainly end up with a value with tenths in decimals.

1 Like

Do you have the same problem with flat surfaces?

if you don't have the same problems

it comes from the hook point of your rating

on the circular section so side either the neutral fibers (the axes)

or draw the lines to the right of the measurements and the hidden ones afterwards

@+ ;-))

PS: a hard solution that can help you create a frame between your 2 pieces and you side it

1 Like

I would have done like Benoit.LF. Hang on a vertex of one of the sections.

After that, you have to see which one poses pb (blue or red). Try to size in relation to another room.

1 Like

So, I tested several things, the intersection point but given my context, the less I do, the better because if for each side I create an intersection point or another sketch, it makes me waste too much time given the loading of my pc... If I start doing this, either I quit or I smash the window with my tower...

Then, dimensioning with another piece could have been not bad but as it's to help the fitters, if I put a reference point 8 meters from where they have to put the duct, it's my forehead that will break the window;D

For flat surfaces, it doesn't do it all the time, like for the edge that bugs, some work, others don't...

Finally, I managed to solve my problem by activating the filters, so I only select the edges and it works:p

Oh yes, and I'm going to put Benoit in the best answer for two reasons, first of all, I don't care about the points, I'll never have a grail:(
And then, since he has a very good memory, that he perfectly relocated my situation and that it made me happy that he remembered all my problems, I think he deserves the best answer;)

Cdt

Joss

3 Likes

Thank you Joss:)

It's interesting your feedback: with the filter you can score! I have to test, I have the problem quite often with wobbly 3D!

For my memory, it is selective. But yes, I remember a little bit of your common thread. Sorry. :)