Envelope Components Do Not Appear on the Drawing

Hi all

I explain my little problem with the drawing in Solidworks (2015).

When I draw (in 3D) a part or an assembly, I add the surrounding parts (so I have an assembly with the parts that interest me plus the surrounding parts). I put these parts in "envelopes" so as not to have them in nomenclature.

But now they don't appear in my drawing anymore,  so I searched:

- When I click on my view and do "other properties... " in Feature Manager, I check "show envelope". Great features of the piece except that.... This is the problem, the strokes do not match the type in "Document Properties", "Line Font", "Envelope Components"

I tried to be as clear as possible,

Thank you in advance.

Hello

I don't know Sldws2015 at all.. But if it's just to not have the parts in the BOM, why not right-click on it => property => exclude from the BOM?

1 Like

In fact, it's for all the other advantages of the envelope, no weight in the desired configuration, appearance, lightweight for complex assemblies, etc... and normally the management of the type of line in projection.

To make "ghost" pieces (this is the period)

Hello

Your goal is not to have them in your nomenclature?

Hello

The behavior you describe is known and has already been reported to the editor (SPR 769427).

Don't hesitate to ask the technical support to "hook up" you on this SPR to raise the priority and to be notified when it is resolved (no date announced by the publisher to date).

In the meantime, you can fall back on assigning these envelope components to a particular layer with the right line fonts (right-click on the component in the view tree: "component line font").

1 Like

After that, if you don't want to see them in your nomenclature, you can also do "Exclude from nomenclature" in the document property.

Thank you all,

so it's  a SW bug

I didn't know about SPR problems.

I therefore do what Cdemuynck told me; thank you again