Linking Equations and Solidworks Drawing [RESOLVED]

Hello everyone, I have a question about the drawing part of solidworks, the dimensions of my part are guided by a number of solidworks " Equations " and I would like to retrieve some of these values for my drawing. Basically, I want the tables that I have in my drawing to be filled with these equations, Thank you in advance for your help

1 Like

Hello Leo_LOUREIRO,
Welcome to the event, hoping that you will find the solution to your problem.
Dependent I found this, to see...=> Exporting and Linking Equations to External Files - 2021 - SOLIDWORKS Help
and look at that too => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8sgrybXN-Y
Good luck.
@+.
AR.

1 Like

Thank you @A.R I was already aware of this text file and I have already created one, but I can't link the boxes of my table to an external link, the text file, I don't see it displayed in the " Link to property " dialog box

1 Like

Hello;

Info here too:

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Thanks to both of you for your help, I found a solution creating new properties that are related to my equations and that are easily found in the drawing.

1 Like

If solved, you have to choose the answer that solved your problem and the message automatically goes solved with a green V in the beginning of the title (no need to do it manually in the title).
To choose the message that solved your problem:

2 Likes

@sbadenis I take note of it, thank you

1 Like

@Leo_LOUREIRO ...
It wasn't very clear, were you talking about the equations or their results?

@sbadenis : I'm considering setting up a copyright on the image... :grin:

3 Likes

@Maclane I wanted the result of these equations (which are managed by a family of parts in Excel) to be visible on a table that I inserted into my drawing. To tell the truth I expressed myself a little badly, these are not equations strictly speaking but global variables

1 Like

In this case, there is also the possibility of retrieving all or part of your Excel table used for the creation of your parts families:
https://help.solidworks.com/2022/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Design_Tables_in_Drawings.htm?verRedirect=1
This avoids the creation of supernumerary properties...

2 Likes

@Maclane that's what I had done at the beginning but being in internship I presented it to my master and he told me that he didn't like the insertion of excel spreadsheets in the M.E.P. I so looked for another solution, my problem now being that I can't take text in this way