Sheet metal connection

Hello

I have a study (asm) to test.
The problem is that the mechanical welding parts are complex in shape and are not perfectly in contact with each other and sometimes interfere (not too serious because they need to be adjusted during assembly).
Impossible to adjust exactly.
Problem, when meshing it crashes...
In this case, how do you deal with this problem?
Is it better to increase the space between the rooms, even if it means no longer having contact or other methods?
Thank you.

A+

2 Likes

Hello

It's for the use of Simulation, I guess?

2 Likes

Maybe you should turn the assembly into a part?

Hello

It is often impossible to carry out the studies with the parts for production. As a result, we often have to redesign parts for simulation.

Otherwise, we also use the following method:

1. Save Assembly as Part: Save As and then select the Part Type .sldprt
  2. In the part thus created, select the bodies and right-click then Merge

Thus, we end up with an assembly that becomes a single part with a single body. However, the fusion of bodies often poses a problem with complex parts. Hence the obligation to redesign.

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, it's for a basic simulation study, and I want to do a bending calculation on the structure.

I had thought of recording in rooms but I was afraid of greatly increasing my calculation times (?).

Isn't there a way to SW that the parts are not interfering or flowing?

Thank you for your answers.

A+

Hello Hervé,

put printscreens or your 3D model so that we understand your problem

Is it with solidworks express or SW Simulation?

In the first case, there must be only one body in the room.

In the second case, there must be contact and define the nature of this contact. And, I think, remove interference.

Hello

during your simulation, for it to work, put your parts in volume (for the simulation calculation) and not in beam ...

The sheet metal parts and welded construction are put in beam