"Lib feat part" on welded construction

Hello

I would like to insert a lock impression (cylinder+square) on a welded construction.

So I made a Lib feat part with the reference dimensions of the said lock.

And I recorded it properly.

On the other hand, when I insert it on my welded construction, it was impossible to find the right positioning references.

In any case, Sw tells me that it can't place the component according to the references I give it.

What for?

And how can this be remedied?

I'm joining you the Lib Feat Part

Thank you in advance.

empreinte_serrure_ste047.sldlfp
1 Like

Hi, I'm on SW 2013!

I have this when for example my LFP is a removal of material on 10mm and I insert it on a 2mm ep tube, there like you he tells me that he can't find the refs! On the other hand, when creating your LFp, if you put a material removal until the next surface, then it works!!

2 Likes

Hello

It seems to me that we need to create a sketch of positioning.

I don't remember very well how I did it but look at the example it might help you.

@plus

Alex

centre_o4.sldlfp
2 Likes

You could make a printscreen showing the tree structure of your file, your material removal function, ...

As @gt22 will tell you (surprising he hasn't already said it by the way ;-) ) we're not all at the 2014 version.

2 Likes

Thank you @ Benoit

for the trouble I put you +1 point with that you'll go very far ;-))

@+ ;-)

5 Likes

Here's an example you can look at. See adapt

test.sldlfp
2 Likes

For humor, we put one on you too@gt22 !!! :)

2 Likes

Well guys, I found my mistake!

As I work exclusively with sheet metal, I made my LibfeatPart on a sheet metal base

And that's why it didn't work.

I rebuilt my component on a classic extruded boss, and everything works normally.

Thank you all, and have a good day!

Of course, you have the right to your little note =)

libfeat.png
4 Likes

You can designate yourself as a better answer!

2 Likes

40 points at once! The best deal of the day!

2 Likes

Yes, it's true, if you name yourself the best answer, it doesn't bring you anything for you or for others

And...................... who will be delighted............ Guess....................

surely not @ Benoit

@+ ;-))

2 Likes

Oh yes, that's not stupid @gt22, how much do you sell for the @Bart point? Do you have a PayPal account? I'm missing 600 pts for the 60 bottles...

I'm joking of course, to redeem the points, for the bitter side of the news of the day, not too much...

3 Likes

I feel a strong day in offbeat comments of the subjects lol

3 Likes

I don't sell points, I barter them for Solidworks Premium licenses:p ^^