Solidworks 2021 License

Hello everyone,

I have a solidworks license server in version 2021.

I have users who have client versions in 2017.

Users are unable to retrieve the license locally.

Can you tell me if it's because of the server version in 2021 that users can't use the license locally?

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards

Hello

Have you checked whether the "SolidNetWork License Manager Client" of the workstation in question is properly configured?

It should normally point to XXXXX@mon.server as for the 2021 version workstations.

Normally if the license server is younger than the workstations, this is not a problem (up to a certain discrepancy that I don't remember).

Otherwise, try to install the SolidNetWork License Manager Client 2021 on workstations in 2017... But it seems a bit risky to me.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello

Yes, I am pointing correctly to the server.

I can launch Solidworks 2017 and 2020 correctly.

I managed to borrow the license in 2020 but not in 2017.

Kind regards

Hello

There, there must be a little subtlety...

Get closer to the hotline because it's surprising that SW is launching but you can't borrow a license. Normally these two actions are very similar.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Hello

It seems to me that the license server only supports N-2 at most.

So if you install 2021, you will only be able to use 2019.

Cdlt

Hello YP69,

We manage to use the 2017 version online with the 2021 licenses.

The problem is that I can't book it.

Kind regards

Hello,

I just remembered a little subtlety.

Have you checked if the port number corresponding to XXXXX of XXXXX@mon-server is open at the firewall of the workstation in question?

In my previous job I had a colleague who could launch SW but not borrow a license, it was due to the fact that on his workstation this port was not completely open.

Kind regards.