Solidworks and Excel Link

Hello 

I have an error when opening a plan containing an excel spreadsheet. Out of the five stations in the office, only mine does that.

When opening a document that contains a spreadsheet created in excel, it does not appear. By clicking on the presumed place of the spreadsheet  I see the outline, by double clicking I get the following error message: "Error starting a server application". 

I reinstalled SW and Office.

Nothing works 

Do you have a solution?

Thanks in advance 

In 2014, I already had "display" bugs. Not with excel but with views and sections, ditto I highlighted the edges by hovering the mouse over the presumed place where the view was, but it became invisible when I removed the mouse arrow...

Maybe graphics card drivers to update?! I'm not convinced of it...

But maybe you can save this spreadsheet on a key with a pc on which it works and reimport it?

I don't see any other dsl proposals :/

Look at this link it looks like the same problem even if it appears in a different way

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/import-export-formats-neutres/solidworks-erreur-lors-du-d%C3%A9marrage-dune-application-serveur

Hello

Stupid question: Do you have the rights to the excel file ?

Hello 

@Fab camp: I tried to record another PC. It doesn't work for me either. I don't think it's a display problem. 

@sbadenis: Yes, I've already read this topic, I even answered. The proposed procedure does not work. 

@Azrod: What do you mean by "having the rights to the Excel file"?

maybe no exell file sharing?

1 Like

Yes, access sharing, access rights to the file on the server or other (since the file seems to be shared with other users).

By right-clicking on the file in Windows Explorer -> Properties -> Security.

Are you one (your ID or security group) of the users allowed to read and edit?
Redo the maneuver on the other stations just in case.

1 Like

I just watched, obviously I have the rights that everyone else.

Do you have the same versions of solidworks and office on all the workstations? Same SP, same various updates?

Yes, we all run on the same PCs with the same software packages.

Hello;

Does the problem persist if you duplicate the excel file locally? (This will make it easier to determine where the problem is coming from).

Your Excel file is saved as *.XLS or *. XLSX?

I imagine that opening the excel file (from Excel) does not pose any problems...

The problem is not on the EXCEL file but on the . SLWDRW.

In the preview there is the spreadsheet that appears but when you open the table disappears. 

The spreadsheet is not in content in a .XLS but directly on the drawing. 

On the other posts it works perfectly. 

I have the same rights as the others.