Linking Two Equations of Two Parts of an Assembly

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if in an assembly there is a possibility of linking two equations of two different parts.

Equation "Length" of part 1 with the equation "Length" of part 2.

Thanks in advance

Hello

Yes it seems to me that it is possible, see this link:

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_exporting_and_linking_equations.htm

See also: 

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_linking_dimension_values.htm

Hello

Yes it's possible, just edit the part in the assembly and sketch with the equation and tell it equal to the other sketch.

3 Likes

Hello

look at this it can help, excuse me the document is not very clean.

May the force be with you

lier_cote.pdf

Thanks .PL, I think you're the closest you're looking for with your first solution, but when I go into equation I can't export the global variable Length.

Because I can't bind because my values are global variables

For your information I put two screen prints

arbre_de_creation.jpg

The second because apparently you can only put one attachment

export.jpg

If you edit the sketch in the assembly and you put = and you click on the dimension of the sketch you want to link it doesn't work???

No

I edit my dimension of the sketch of part 1, I put =, I select the dimension or the global variable of the sketch of part 2, behind the equals, the reference of the dimension of part 2 is put well.

But when I validate, it doesn't keep the new value and keeps its own global variable, and therefore no connection between the two pieces at the length level.

If I change the dimension of one of the two pieces, the other does not change.

Can you send me the 2 pieces and tell me which sides to bind?

OK

Here is the file with the two pieces

tablette.rar

Excuse the two sides are the two global variable Length

You have to remove the 2 sides in the sketches you want to link and you re-rib them and you bind them afterwards in the assembly; Now it works... I'm not returning the parts to you because I'm on 2016.

Ok thank you manu67

I'll test it tomorrow.

Hello

Be careful, this will create external references; The 2 pieces will depend on each other and difficult to use for other cases

It's true BBARRAND but then you'll have to make configu for other dimensions

Ok manu67

It works, but suddenly we broke the link with the global variables.

Isn't there a way to work at the level of the global variables, to keep the link.

So to make the connection at the assembly level.

But it may not be possible!

If we can, but it's a hack. A second extrusion must be created in the part with the total length as a dimension and then they can be linked. Right now I'm at the boulo but I'm sending you a screen print this afternoon.

Hello

Here's the file with the hack.

lier_deux_equations_de_deux_pieces_dun_assemblage.docx

Hello

a remark may be totally useless,

but wouldn't it be because your variables have exactly the same names that it doesn't work the way you want it to?