Inventor Break Line

Hello, when I crop a view to show only an interesting part of a set, (in the drawing of course), the perimeter is in a solid line. I don't have (as in Autocad) the zigzag line type and the Inventor 2012 software doesn't give me an automatic break line. I have to constantly sketch, create and constrain my break line. That's a lot of time wasted I think! Is there a faster and/or automatic way to do it?

Hello

Do you use the "Framing" or "Detail" function?

capture.jpg

I use framing in these particular cases because making a detail would give too big a circle on my main view!

A priori the framing is only available with a rectangle or a circle:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/FRA/Inventor-Help/files/GUID-63CC370F-80B2-4D77-84C6-14518748B0A9-htm.html

To be seen to try to use the details, otherwise there is no better solution than to redraw the broken line.

But a priori, the standard only requires that a frame appear around the view and indicate the scale, and straight lines are not prohibited.

2 Likes

Ouch, on my side I don't see the solution regarding the framing settings.

But it is possible to make a smooth rectangular shape detail and then change the scale of that detail...