Solidworks View Interrupt Line

Hello

In Solidworks on a drawing, I'd like to place a line at the end of a part to mean that it's actually larger, but anything on the left doesn't care. A bit like in this image:

It's different from

- a break line that breaks in the middle and shows the ends,

- a detail view that zooms,

- a cross-section view that "fits" the room.

Thank you all

Either you make a break line with the right part that interests you and the line of the left part on the outside to  "hide" what you are not interested in.

Otherwise you make a cropped view. You draw a sketch around what interests you and then you go to view => cropping. And only what you like will remain in your sight

2 Likes

I tried both solutions:

With the break lines I can't get the 2nd line out of the room. As if Soliworks required that the two break lines be placed on the part.

The cropped view could suit me if I managed to have this broken appearance at the edge, something I didn't manage to do by default.

Do you have an extra tip?

Thank you

1 Like

It's still DIY but you can make a break and adjust the size of the interval so that your second line (and therefore the rest of the room) ends up outside the plane.

Agree with @coin37coin for the cropped view. As for the side break look, you'll get it by drawing it! You can use any closed sketch to make a cropped view, if I'm not mistaken, not just a rectangle.

3 Likes

Something like that?

But what if the break only takes place on the left? because the piece is no longer centered in the page after.. :s

I agree with you, it's DIY.

1 Like

I'm going to get away with 'trimming' and a custom-drawn sketch. Thank you for the support:)

3 Likes

That's what we come here for: mutual aid! :)

3 Likes

Ho ba damn, I missed all the development.

As Benoît said, all shapes of sketches correspond for a crop. So you draw it as you like (square, circle, free form, a conjugation of shapes, etc)

2 Likes

@coin37coin: Lynkoa is ruthless: questions even on holidays! :)

4 Likes

Hello

I'd like to revive this thread because the solution of cropping the view with a custom-made sketch is painful on "quantitative" work.

Doesn't Solidworks offer a more suitable tool?

The goal is to interrupt the view, as in these examples :