Welded Parts List

Hello

In a welded construction part, I realized a combined function of 3 bodies. Before this function in the list of welded parts, the sum of the 3 lengths that SW brings out to me is about 5.5 ML, after this function, it is more than 10 ML. Is this normal? And has anyone ever had this problem and more importantly, how to solve it?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hello

Images would help to better understand your problem.

Can you indicate your version of Solidworks?

CDLT

1 Like

Thank you for your speed.

I'm in the 2017 version. And the 2 images requested. Before: 5543 mm approx. and after: 10437 mm.

avant.jpg
apres.jpg

Hello 

I tried to do a test of what I understood,

I have created three linear bodies in angles of length (100,150,50), I combine the bodies, and the solidworks shows me a double length (600),o0 while the visualization cube is correct 300mm. (no comment)

Excellent remark, fortunately I have never used this function in CS. 

1 Like

For me, it's not even double, it doesn't correspond to anything... I don't understand

Mmm, it seems that solidworks has warned us, Combine

2 Likes

Apparently there is no solution...

The right way would be to avoid the function in question for CSs, and if it is not possible to take over the part, it is always possible to get around  the problem with the visualization cubes, the reference dimensions, the measurements via the equations..., while disabling the link of the length property and assigning the right value.

1 Like

Or to force by hand... but dangerous in case of modification.

Thank you anyway.

If you want to leave your mechanically welded "autonomous" but still have the cumulative length of the 3 construction sketches, you can create a new 3D sketch and convert your trajectory sketches inside, it is then possible to convert the 3D sketch obtained into a single measurable trajectory.