Thread length on MEP

Hi all

I have a room with tapped holes (Drilling Assistance)..... So far so good. On a MEP, when I dimension my tap it tells me M10 but not the depth of the tap....... Is it possible to add the depth automatically (link to the seen of course)?

Michael

Hello

Look at the "symbol for drilling":

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/solidworks/sldworks/t_add_hole_callouts.htm

3 Likes

Thank you Philippe,

I've already tried,

On the left a dimension with "Symbol  for drilling", it gives me a hole Ø with a hole prodondeur.

On the right a dimension with "Smart dimensioning", it gives me my tapping dimension, but not my depth.

capture_taraudage_.jpg

Hello,  with these settings we manage to get

the depth of the forehole and tapping.

capture_3.png
2 Likes

It also works with "Symbol for drilling" for tapping but you also have to select the hole (and not the tap) and it inserts the info (Ø and depth) of the hole and the tap, part of which you can delete in the dimension text if you wish:

insertion_annotation_symbole_pour_le_percage.jpg
1 Like

Precisely with the function "symbol for drilling" I can't select the tapping, I can just select the hole .......

Yes but that's exactly what I specified, by selecting the hole it annotates the hole + the thread in diameter and depth.

1 Like

That's the problem.... I don't display the tapping.

on the attachment, I made a tapped hole M10 total depth 32mm tapping depth 30mm.

"Symbol for drilling" : it displays Ø8.5 depth 32 and no tapping.

I must be missing a config.

capture_taraudage_1.jpg

Hello

In the tapped hole options, did you check "With associated text". If this is not the case, only the hole is dimensioned via the insertion of the model objects.

2 Likes

Yes, it doesn't change anything..... I look in the options but nothing either.

Weird, I work well (2017-SP5). Which version are you under?

Was the hole made in a single operation with Drilling Assistance ?

2018 SP 0.1

Yes I make my tapped holes with "Drilling assistance"

capture_taraudage_.jpg

Hello

To display the thread with the depth you have to do: Annotation -> Model objects and select the diameter (screenshot attached) then click on the desired thread

Hoping to have answered your question

Gaëtan

cote_taraudage.png
1 Like

Thank you Gaetan,

When I do this operation, it just marks the Ø of the hole (PJ). I must have a config problem.

capture_taraudage_.jpg

This may be a sw2018 bug, the given solutions work perfectly in normal times.

As a reminder, it is advisable in production not to use a version not before SP2 - SP3

1 Like

If it were up to me, we wouldn't have switched to SW2018 before SP3...... but hey.

To finish on the subject, because I think that in the end it's a bug from 2018, it gives me a message (PC) before the validation of "model objects".

capture_taraudage_.jpg

To be sure, you can request a ticket from Visiativ support, which will report the bug to SW in order to fix it.

And after the bug is fixed, you will have a letter to inform you.

http://www.lynkoa.com/helpdesk/dashboard

1 Like

Hello, at the bottom of your last screenshot at random, select "include hidden feature items", it may be that Solid considers it a hidden feature!

But hey, if it's a bug, we can do what we want...

Kind regards

Thank you for your help but it seems that it is a "bug" of SW 2018. I made a ticket for the improvement of the function.

Without questioning the reason for the bug,

FYI, no need to go through "import objects from the model (in bulk)" (it only puts "Symbol for drilling")

The first two answers are correct, the correct function is "Symbol for piercing".

1 Like