When doing a pack&go, how do I change the name in the tree as well?

Hello, during an ang go pack, the files are renamed and saved with the new names.

However, the name in the tree remains the same and I have to rename them manually (the link to the new file is correct though)

Do you have a tip?

thank you in advance

LSE

Hello

After a pack and go, the first time you open the filenames, the filenames are still those of the old assembly, you just need to rebuild the assembly and the new filenames appear.

3 Likes

Pack and go only copies the parts, if the name in the tree is linked to a property it is not possible to modify them in bulk via Pack and Go.

On the other hand, some software (Visiativ Project manager in MycadTools) can do it.

Or via macro.

It all depends on what you want to change as a property.

Unless your tree displays the filename, in which case  a CTRL+Q can refresh the value.

4 Likes

Hello;

Beware of external references and related equations. These two elements are not always well re-fenced with Pack&Go.
Opening your assembly in "Resolved" mode associated with a reconstruction (CTRL+Q) should resolve the Component Names visualized in your Build Tree...
Kind regards.

2 Likes

Hello

During the PACK&GO, don't forget to "search/replace" for the parts specific to the project (excluding commercial parts)

And also give a new folder (by the way all the pieces will end up in bulk and moderately satisfied with the "keep the structure of the folders" function)

See also my question and answer for the time being, on the names that didn't change once in SW (Ice in SW to be done once).

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/probl%C3%A8me-pack-go-nom-%C3%A9quations-pas-mis-%C3%A0-jour?page=0#answer-

1 Like

A big thank you FUZ3D, it works!