My DXF PDF macro what to say about it?

Hello everyone.

Contribution to the Question:"MACRO PDF DXF of coin37coin of 11 07 2014

A macro is used to automate repetitive tasks. If, for example, you regularly send PDFs of your MEPs to your clients, why not do it from SW using a SW macro!

I put online (see zip) a macro (it's worth at least 40 points, right?) that does it partially. It automatically creates PDFs and DXFs of each sheet of a drawing (works on SW2013 or earlier version and provided you create an "A" directory in the "C:" to test it).

It could still be improved! To push the automation, we can imagine a dialog box showing, in a first column the list of MEP sheets, in a second column the checkboxes asking or not for the PDF corresponding to each sheet, in a third column the checkboxes asking or not asking for a DXF corresponding to each sheet. Finally, a drop-down text box named "To be sent to:" allowing you to choose from the list of your customers (data from an Excel or Access or Outlook file for example) and a "Send" button allowing the selected DXF and PDF to be sent directly by email, where, an "Outlook" button opening Outlook with the information "Subject", "Attachments" and ... already present.

In short, when you create a macro, you have to ask yourself if it's worth it and who is going to maintain it.

Conclusion, macros can save you a lot of time, if and only if, they correspond exactly to your recurring needs. For the enabled ones, I put online (see zip) a little tutorial (it doesn't talk about macros in the template creation tree).

Thank you for your feedback!

Have a nice day.

creer_pdf_dxf_pour_chaque_feuille_de_dessin.zip
1 Like

Hello and thank you for your contribution!

There's a special place on Lynkoa for tutorials, and there are already quite a few macros:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutorial/directory/macro?&price=all

3 Likes

I had made a macro at the time for the creation of DWGs and PDFs, but I didn't post it on Lynkoa, because it's too specific to my company!

I had also done many checks, with a corresponding warning each time:

- If there is no revision index (or version ET for study), check that the plan is in the PDM,

- If the material is not specified,

- If the file code in the custom properties is different from the Windows name,

- If the file is created for the first time, remember to do some checks (otherwise we overwrite the file),

- And at the end, I launch the print preview (which we give to the purchasing department so that they can consult).

1 Like

Hello everyone.

Thank you Lucas for your advice on the use of Lynkoa that I don't know much about yet. So I'm going to continue to publish but in the right place for the next time.

A+

2 Likes

thank you for this macro

Sincerely, Nicolas

Hi all

I'm up this post to thank the person who posted it, because this macro works like God's fire! Unfortunately, I always need more! I would like to know if it is possible to keep the name of the drawing when the files are exported in the two formats concerned? 

Thank you!