Solidworks Angle Value Recovery Macro

Hello

I'm currently working on a project with SolidWorks that consists of retrieving dimensions and displaying the maximum and minimum values according to their tolerance via a macro. My program works fine when the dimensions are linear dimensions; It correctly displays the maximum and minimum values depending on the tolerance. However, when I select an angular dimension, the values displayed are completely incorrect. For example, for a rating of 25° ±0.50°, the program displays 24.991° and 25.009° instead of 24.5° and 25.5°.

After some research, I assume this is due to an angle-specific missing parameter in the program, but I can't figure out which one. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello Winny,

The tolerance for angles is probably expressed in radians. If this is the case, simply multiply the value of SW by 180/ft to obtain it in degrees.
Kind regards.

2 Likes

Hello m.blt,

I had thought about it, but I hadn't been able to do it the first time. I must have made a small mistake, I just tried again and it's all good now. Thank you very much! I wish you a good day.

1 Like