macro_Excel and Edrawing

Hello, does anyone know a macro to read an excel cell and open Edrawing. Let me explain for my work, I need the workshop to flash a barcode (my excel cell) and for Edrawing to open to perform plan control

1 Like

Hello

in fact you would like to link the opening of an Edrawing to a barcode that would be marked in the workshop?

I don't think you can create a macro for Edrawing unless the workshop post has SolidWorks installed.

1 Like

So in fact my barcode is composed of 13 digits (a list  of the 13 digits are saved in an excel file with my associated plan code) and so I would like that when it flashes the edrawing barcode to open

1 Like

In my macro I think I need a reading area (to read the barcode) and a correspondence area for my plan and then a link to eDrawing

1 Like

Hello

I think we need to develop this macro directly in excel and control the file opening.

But how does your barcode scanner work? What are these outputs? Is there a software in link?

1 Like

Hello

What is the purpose of Edrawing? Just visualize?

Aurélien is right, you have to create it in exel.

I think we should first create the link between the barcode and the file name and then make a gateway that points to the location and the name of the file. I don't think all your Edrawings are stored in the same place???

1 Like

The reader is just a virtual keyboard, it reads the code and transmits it in Excel and indeed the macro would serve as a link between Excel and eDrawing

Indeed, you need an excel macro that:

- searches for the name of the file to be opened from the input (via barcode scan or keyboard)

- Launches an external command that opens the file with eDrawing.

It remains to be seen if there is a possibility to run eDrawing on the command line.

Otherwise, look for the windows online command that launches the opening of a file with the associated application.

1 Like

Hello

In fact, there are several ways to open a file in Excel.

If you have the full path (folder + path), it's very easy, we can use this:

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="(Enter path + full file name here)", NewWindow:=True

Otherwise, there are also shell methods, see here:

https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/kb/170918

Thank you for your answers, I have finally solved my PB.

1 Like