Macro: Macro execution does not work in windows 7 (solidworks 2011)

Hello

I just installed a new Seven64 workstation with Solidworks 11. I use macros with a one-button call. These macros have been working very well for a long time on other seven 64 workstations (10 seven 64 workstations use these macros without any problem).

In fact, if I run the macros from the visual basic editor, they work. On the other hand, if you launch them from the solidworks icons (menu button), they don't do anything, not even error messages. The same goes for reconfiguring the buttons.

The visual library is loaded and I tried to remove a windows update that seemed to be problematic.

Who has an idea?

Config: Z440 /16GB ram/Nvidia Quadro K4200 + SSD

Thank you in advance.

Eric Marcastel

CETEC Industry

Hello

All the workstations are in the same version of SolidWorks (what is the SP?) and Windows?

If we modify the macro by putting a prompt at the very beginning, does it display? If not, you have to see at the level of the button, if there is a difference.

You can also try to reset the SolidWorks settings with my tutorial:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/reinitialiser-les-parametres-solidworks

1 Like

Thank you for the answer:

The Solidworks version: V2011 SP5.0

-For the prompt: nothing is displayed if I launch through the icon, but if I run the macro it is displayed.

- Macros are actually just running an executable, for example:

Sub main()
    Shell "J:\#PARAM#\Macro\CopyAssembly\CopieAssemblage.exe", vbNormalFocus
End Sub

If I run the exes directly, they work!! This is the button that does not execute the command! As if there was a lack of authorization for the execution???

I didn't manage to launch your tutorial:(  This PC is absolutely new and I have never encountered this pb on other installations. (already done 3 times on this PC) 

Yes there is a bug with the tutorials, here it is in the PC of this message.

reinitialiser_les_parametres_de_solidworks.pdf

I'm thinking about it now, wouldn't it be a UAC or administrator account problem?

Edit: is this the same version of Microsoft Office installed? The most recent versions can cause problems of incompatibility with SolidWorks, you can test by creating a family of parts controlled with Excel for example.

S-062418

Question: When will Microsoft Office 2013 be supported for SolidWorks?

Answer: Microsoft Office 2013 is currently scheduled for full support with the release of SolidWorks 2014.

3 Likes

-UAC Pb: I thought about it, because at the beginning I had installed Solidworks on a different session than the one used. So, I did the last re-installation under the user's session. He is the administrator of the Communist Party. So I don't think the cause is there, but I think it's maybe not far away, with script execution rights, but I haven't found anything in Solidworks about this kind of right. And I have never met this pb!

- For Office, I don't use it but it's true that it's pre-installed:

I'll try --------------------------------> it works!!!!!!!

Even not enabled, just pre-installed Office blocked script !!!! I'm glad I didn't use it!

Thank you very much for your help, we will please the cartoonists who will be able to load the entire line (more than 30000 unique parts) on this fighter plane.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what were you using instead of Office?

We have been using LibreOffice for about ten years (before that it was OpenOffice). Everyone uses it (secretarial work, instructions, technical) it makes more than 50 installations and it works well.

On the other hand, this poses some problems for the Solidworks bend loss table which is only compatible with exel. I find it quite unacceptable because it's almost an obligation to buy Office for cartoonists who use it almost exclusively for that. Until now I was using our old office 2002 licenses...but I don't know how I will do it when this version is no longer compatible.

Kind regards