Macro to record in STEP from a drawing

Hello

A simple question!!

I want to record in STEP AP214, from the drawing, the piece I have just made.

The goal is not to go back to 3D to save under + type of the step file ... etc.

I don't know how to program in VBA.

Thank you in advance for your help

Kind regards

Without knowledge of VBA, it may be complicated.

That said, if you have some time, it can be a good opportunity to get started. Is it still useful for the future;)

Have you looked at the tutorials? For example, this one

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tutos-formations/formations/convertir-gratuitement-des-fichiers-solidworks-sldprt-sldasm-en-step.html

But once again, if it meets your expectations. Take the time to analyze it and try to program it on your side by keeping it under your belt as an aid. It's always more interesting to do it yourself... and it allows you to add little personal touches;)

1 Like

I think you should turn to existing solutions, I'm thinking in particular of Batch Converter or Axemble Integration which will do the job very well and moreover you will be able to do it en masse. I see that you have the "Support" medal.

Making a macro requires you to think carefully about the time you are going to spend on it (especially without knowledge) and put it in relation to the time you are going to gain.

Often the benefit is very small.

4 Likes

Hello and thank you for your answers

I currently use a macro to save drawings as PDFs.

When I read the comments of this macro, it seems possible to adapt it for my needs.

This means that the program must:

1) Check that you are in a drawing or not.

2) Open the 3D

3) save in STEP AT214 format (keeping the same name as the 3D file)

4) Close the 3D

If anyone has an idea on how to write the code....

Thanks in advance

PS: if you attach the macro to save as PDF

saveas_pdf.swp

Unresolved issue

An idea abandoned for the moment. Waiting to learn programming in VBA

Thank you all for your answers

Hello

I have solved my request.

Finally my colleague is a cartoonist.

This macro allows you to create the PDF of the plan and create the STEP of the room from a drawing.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello Orval,

I take the liberty of re-opening your post because your macro interests me enormously but I can't read it...  

Please, which version of SW are you using? If it's ever a version problem, could you put your macro as an attachment in txt format please?

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Hello

I've been looking for some time for a macro that can record the part in STEP from the MEP.

Does anyone have this macro because I can't find it on this post? And on the other workstations I can't get them to work

I'm on solidworks 2012.

PS: Sorry to re-open this post.

Thank you in advance.

Hello, I'm relaunching the subject,

I created a macro with UserForm which offers to choose by checkbox, from a plan, the export in PDF, DXF of the plan and the PDF3D, STEP, IGES and PARASOLID of the model related to the drawing. Either individually or in a ZIP file.

For the export in 3D formats, I opened the model from the first view of the active sheet and then perform the export. Everything is going well but I would like to add the possibility to offer to perform the 3D export of all the models of the Draw (so in each sheet)

I can't find a solution for:

1. Return to the plan file
  2. Skip to Next Sheet
  3. Restart the export operation
  4. Go back to the plan file and so on until the last sheet.

Another rather aesthetic question , on a PC with a single screen, the UserForm opens in the center of the screen while on my dual-screen computer, it opens in the center of both screens, despite the setting being "1-CenterOwner"

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: I opened a new question since it is considered resolved. Here: https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/mise-en-plan/macro-comment-revenir-au-fichier-de-plan-apr%C3%A8s-un-export-3d-depuis-mise-en-plan-p