"Corrupted" SOLIDWORKS Macro

Hello

Since this last modification, I can't open a macro anymore. I have these messages :

A serious error occurred while opening the macro file. The system could now be in an unstable state.

Cannot open 'macro name'

I guess the recording of my macro went badly.

Do you know a solution to repair the file ?

Thanks in advance 

Hello, sorry but in my opinion your macro is ruined. Indeed, when you record, you overwrite the previous version. there is no backup backup on a macro as far as I know...

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello,

Doing a lot of macro, it has already happened to me several times.

I found a way (not great) to solve this problem, it's to simply open it in another version of solidworks and copy the code and export the userforms if there are any.

I had the problem on SW2016 and I opened the macro on SW2013 (Yes it works!) and I was able to recover my code.

1 Like

Hello

It seems to me that by opening it to another workstation it also works.

I had opened a ticket with our reseller for this problem he offered me to uninstall a windows KB which can generate operating problems with SW (2014 SP4, fixed on 2015 and 2016)

Thank you KVuilleumier and Cyril.f.

I managed to open my macro without any problem on another PC that had an earlier version of SOLIDWORKS (in 2011 while I am working in 2015)

Cyril.f can you give more details on uninstalling the KB Windows ? (it's not the 1st time I've had this problem)

This problem is not due to the messed up Windows update.

But if this update is installed, it would be good to remove it (Because from memory the problem is only fixed in SW2016).

More details on this update here

@KVuilleumier, depending on the support, it can be a clue about macro recording problems. After if the storage locations are on a "virtualized" network (which is our case) I think that the recording problems can be due to the server refresh during the recording (or micro network loss that Solidworks hates)

Concerning the KB, I couldn't test because it was complicated to get the manipulations done.

1 Like

The procedure is attached. Please note that this is only valid if a version of Solidworks prior to SW2015 is installed.

http://cadware-utilities.fr/dl/documents_procedure/Reparation_KB3072630.pdf

Thank you for this information.

FYI I did the test of opening the macro on another PC had the same version of SW as me but it didn't work.