Maintenance solidworks

Hello

What exactly is the principle of solidworks maintenance?

Does it allow you to keep the right to download previous versions?

Does it allow you to keep your solidworks up to date? maintenance 2013 allows you to have the 2014 version?

I ask myself all these questions since mine is expiring at the end of the month

After yes there is the right to call to have a hand cost on an installation problem, but as soon as we have a problem (forgetting function for example) we answer you there is training for that....

Software Improvements and Upgrades . Benefit from automatic upgrades to the latest versions of SolidWorks software and service packs. Continuously improved SolidWorks threads and quickly resolves problems-signals to even clients.An automatic email notification allows you to keep up to date with IMPORTANT information, SERVICE REQUESTS, and the Latest Software Updates.

The technical support services of . SolidWorks Maintenance Services provides support techniques provided by Your local authorized dealer directly. Support services include Telephone Support for Product Features, Menu Commands, Installation Issues, and Troubleshooting. Your reseller may provide value-added services, such as training, design consulting, scheduling and customization.

Knowledge Base. Search for a comprehensive library of written and reviewed documents (article techniques, help topics, technical tips, warning techniques, and best practices) written and reviewed by name from SolidWorks experts. In-depth articles give you IMPORTANT information about features, operations, and solutions representing the full range of product capabilities. Whenever you NEED information, day or night, you can be sure the answers are at your fingertips.

Improvement suggestion rights. Your status as a SolidWorks Maintenance Subscriber allows you to make enhancement requests in a way that directly influences the future development of SolidWorks software. In fact, SolidWorks Maintenance Contract Subscribers are responsible for more than 90% of the hundreds of enhancements implemented with EACH new SolidWorks release of software. You can also provide Your input on the Features Necessary for Your own use of the Product.

The SolidWorks Customer Portal Allows You to Switch 24/7 June A Comprehensive Range of Information and Resources, including:

• Check for the Latest SolidWorks Software Releases and Service Pack Updates. 
  • Choice access to the Knowledge Base which contains many technical documents and resources. 
  • Visualization of SERVICE REQUESTS.
  • Viewing Bug Fix Reports
  • REQUESTS FOR improvements. 
  • Participation in discussion forums. 
  • Verification and Registration of Your Software License and Maintenance Renewal Information.
  • Editing Your Profile.

Now it has a certain price

according to some suppliers they make you a piece of commerce /month

the possibility of having add-ins (auto function improvement)

The possibility of optimizing the product via your core business

In theory if it crashes dear he tries to help you out and find the causes of effect

the best is to see the # supplier who gives the + for your needs

it thumbs up to change version every year

That's what I think

but being on a fofo well in touch with resellers 

some people here should tell you a lot +

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Thank you@gt22

SolidWorks Customer Portal Allows You to Switch 24/7 June Comprehensive Range of Information and Resources

Not true when there are too many people on the network:

An error occurred the web page cannot be displayed lol

What exactly is the principle of solidworks maintenance?

To put it simply, we'll say that it's close to your car's warranty: you have a problem, you submit it to your mechanic and he fixes it or sends it to the car manufacturer!

Does it allow you to keep the right to download previous versions?

Yes, download previous and current versions with service packs for bug fixes.

Does it allow you to keep your solidworks up to date? maintenance 2013 allows you to have the 2014 version?

If your maintenance is "active" on the day of the release of the version you have access to it so since your maintenance is still in progress and the 2014 is out you have access to it.

After yes there is the right to call to have a hand cost on an installation problem, but as soon as we have a problem (forgetting function for example) we answer you there is training for that....

I dare to hope that you know that installation problems are not the only ones dealt with by hot-lines, after all there are limits to any service, for example when you talk about "forgetting a function" I don't think they refuse to answer you even if we can slip you a little reminder during the conversation about the training.

Clearly a hotline is not a telephone training service, that would be counterproductive and that is not the goal.

To make a parallel with the car again, I guess you don't ask your car salesman to teach you how to drive (well I know, I'm pushing the parallel a little far, sorry lol)

in short I don't know who your Solidworks reseller is but in any case at Axemble the hot-line is still very "flexible" on design or other problems and personally I have never hesitated to explain a solidworks function or a design method.

3 Likes