Visual "mapping" of the mass of a volume

Hello @mis

How can I visualize the volume as a mass? By this I mean to color the volume according to its mass, in the manner of the color visualization of the curvature, but volumetric, in the sense that if I make a cross-sectional view I can see the mass in the... mass. In short, a gradient that highlights the most cantilevered areas.

Concretely, I am looking to balance an engraved die (with 8 sides) with very varied characters. I play as much as possible with their size, their position and their depth, and I'm almost there but it's still tricky and not easy without a better visualization (preferably instantaneous) of the most relevant areas to touch to center the center of mass.

Thank you.

Hello
Natively, I don't see any function that would allow you to do this except maybe by playing with the sensors to see the drift of the center of mass and maybe with the thickness analysis tool.

1 Like

Hello;

Why not try with the " Simulation " or " Simulation xpress " tools?

you can display the center of mass directly (a checkbox in the weight window)
This is updated with each calculation of the part

Hello @Sylk

You can put 3 sensors to check the position of the center of gravity in X/Y/Z: it allows you to quickly see which side it is going wrong.

It's not ideal but at least it's visual and instantaneous with each modification.

4 Likes