Laser marking on an assembly

Hello

I created an assembly of two welded parts, an axle and an anvil.

these two pieces are welded.

I would like to create a laser marking on the axis to indicate the batch number.

This axis is used in other assemblies so I don't want to create it at the part level but in the assembly.

For a simple part I use a sketch and the winding function but for an assembly I don't know how to do it.

Thank you.

Hello

I don't really understand; You want to make a marking in the assembly and that it is not visible on the part but you want to use it for laser cutting??? Make a configuration of your part by naming it project marking....

1 Like

The part is not cut, it is a turned axis on which an anvil is welded and I want to add a laser marking after welding.

Hello, a diagram please!?

If you make a sketch in the assembly using a blueprint or a face of one of the parts and you do a material removal, it should work.

1 Like

Hello

The best would have been to insert the two parts as derivative parts in a part and to perform the marking on the resulting part by winding as you usually do, instead of making an assembly.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

it's up to you to take the part, make your modification and rename it

so you will have 2 distinct rooms since they are not the same rooms anymore

one with marking ref

the other without ref marking

@+

In other words, you are looking for a winding function that does not exist in assembly mode.

You'll have to be cunning:
- create a marked axis part (which will be specific to the case), into which you import (by insertion/part) the general axis part and create the desired function;
- Use the specific part in the assembly.

Thank you all for the solutions proposed, 

I think that the FLOP1 solution is the most conducive, we don't want to create several versions of our pieces.

you can also create a "Piece" text or marker (with configuration if needed),

that would contain the text in curved 3D.

Then simply add it to the ASM with the "excluded from nomenclature" option.

There will be no "derivative part", or "X derivative parts" to have X different reference point, it is a very simple and clean operation to manage.

Advantage = Zero external references!

2 Likes

@olivier42

How do I create the text in curved 3D? 

Basically create a curved surface, make a 2D sketch with the text, project the text on the curve, thicken (create volume), delete or hide the surface.

Or by the "Winding" function 

Thank you Olivier42,

I hadn't thought of removing the surface.

The fact of avoiding the derivative part suits me

1 Like

with the "Delete Body" function and then select the surface.

As I used the winding so I have to take the "delete face" function.

Thank you

1 Like