Parts marking

Hello

I have to make marking plates, about 100 pieces, each with a different number. I'm going to need to provide a dxf format of each of these parts for laser cutting. But I don't want to be forced to draw them all independently. 

I was thinking of using several configurations, but it requires so many sketches... copy, paste , etc.

Maybe you have another idea?

Thank you.

Hello

Have you explored the option of using blocks that advantageously replaces sketches? Each block being independent (like Parts) we must be able to arrange them as if they were pieces

The blocks must be able to be arranged by configurations but on this point I let the champions of the config answer you.

There is also the macro option which must be able to use the info from an Excel file.

Kind regards

Hello

In order to be able to generate all your text configurations quickly, the best thing to do is to go through configurations managed via an Excel table, the modified text being linked to a variable that is itself linked to the Excel table.
This subject was already discussed a few months ago for a similar reason, but it was impossible to find the job.

4 Likes

I'm attaching a file as an example in SW2021

piece_avec_texte.sldprt
3 Likes

To clarify Pierre's point if you don't have SW21: it is possible to link the sketch text to one (or more) custom properties.
All you have to do is configure the 3 (in your case) properties corresponding to each row.

3 Likes

Good evening

The answers given are correct. Link texts to variables.

All you have to do is install a font that uses interrupts on certain characters (2,3,0,...)

I found this question on the forum if it can help you.

https://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/2d/caractere-pour-decoupe-laser

Kind regards

7 Likes