Mass of a part excluded

Hello

I'm on SolidWorks 2016.

I have excluded a sub-assembly from the nomenclature but I would like the mass of it to also be subtracted from the total weight of the ASM.

I don't want to set a mass assigned to 0.

Do you have any solutions for this?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

It would have to be put in a deleted state for the mass to "disappear"

3 Likes

I'm not putting it in the deleted state because I want to see this assembly in the drawing.

Hello, put it in envellope.

On the part, right-click, property, and check envelope.

may the force be with you.

6 Likes

You make 2 jams

1 with your sub-assembly

1 without tone under assembly

so 2 possibilities of drawing 

The concern is the billing, which may vary 

@+

4 Likes

Hello, or you create a complete config and a config in which the subset is deleted.

You insert a view of each config, and the config that has the subset removed, you put it out of the sheet to have only the properties.

(I hope I managed to express myself...)

Have a nice day

G.

Edit: @GT22 had the same idea as me, only faster:)

3 Likes

I join OBI WAN put the assembly in envelope mode with support in the plan mse as its you recover it visually but not the ground

3 Likes

Hello Kenobi,

The envelope looks nice to me, it will prevent me from making a configuration that weighs down the file.

but when I put it in a wrap I don't see ASM in the plan anymore.

When I go to the view properties there is a show envelope box but this box is grayed out so I can't check it

how do you do that MaD?

Samuel. Namikaze Right click on the Property view and check the box "Show envelope"

Which version of SW do you have? 

1 Like

it's okay in fact I was right-clicking on a section view and not on the main view....

bonus it puts me in mixed and dashes

Can we put a line style (mixed and dashes) in a default color?

1 Like

To see the Envellope parts, you put yourself on the drawing of the desired part then right click then check Show Envellope.

may the force be with you.