Positioning Matice.xls vs Annotated View files

Hello, I'm fred and I have ~ 10 years in aeronautics/space product dev. I'm a newbie on the site but I've had autocad, siemens nx , catiav4, v5 etc behind me for almost 20 years if you count my schooling.

Well, like any good newbie, I didn't forget to do a search on the forum's search engine before asking my question.

I have a list of items in excel 2013 with an X, Y, Z matrix, let's say 100 items for a 400-cell matrix

I would like to import this matrix into a catia v5~r19 r20 application to quickly get an empty Catproduct with an annotated view list titled according to the first column of my 400 cell matrix.

How do I do it??!!? (apart from typing it at length with the compass)

By the way, I'm a French Canadian, so calm down with your lexicon of the French Academy 2015. Speak to me with a simple French please

Fred

1 Like

See this tutorial it is in English and not in academic French of 2015 ;-)

https://grabcad.com/questions/tutorial-excel-to-catia-how-to-create-import-points-in-catia-by-their-coordinate-existed-in-an-excel-file

Well hello to our Canadian cousins

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello:

"I have a list of items in excel 2013"  list of names of parts with their position matrix in X,Y,Z (is that it??).

I've already done this only for the position point, in a way close to that of the @gt22 link (I'm looking at what it can look like for coordinate systems (system axis) or position matrix.

Is that what you're looking for? Have a list of  (axis system)  named and positioned as the list of your items?

Can you put the Excel file as an attachment?.

EDIT:

Here is an example of the CATIA settings to define a "Standard" coordinate system and attach one of the Excel table formats for the configuration, and a txt file for the name.

I can't access the " placemark name" property so I can't modify it via Excel (you can proceed with the name chgmnt thanks to the import of a "txt" file for publications (of course this implies pointing one by one to each placemark).

If it's to be reproduced, it's better to go through a Macro.

matrice-position.zip
1 Like

Thank you gt22

What I was looking for, as we say at home ,

;)

1 Like

Glad I was able to answer your problem

Well done @ Fanck

@+

Hello.
I'm the first one surprised!!
But if it's enough?
It's a hell of a job to connect so many Catia settings and Excel cells.
To make it easier for me I filter by name see image.
If the Excel file is built according to the same sorting, it's much easier to connect the coordinates X then Y then Z then etc... than when everything is either mixed up or grouped by items etc.
Also pay attention to the version of office installed on the station. I have office 2007 and I have to copy the contents of an Excel 2013 into an Excel 2007 file for it to work with Catia.

1 Like

Hello

Yes it worked, no I won't transmit a file.

Space/aeronautics PCQ = motus and sewn mouth

Fred