Mechanism to be simulated on Inventor... How to do it?

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum, I was  looking for a forum french on Inventor to help me with a problem and I came across  Lynkoa :). I 've been working for 15 years on Catia (car plastic part) but now, I need to analyze an assembly on Inventor and I'm completely lost ....

Let me explain!

I have a ring with "elastic" legs and a shaft with ramps (0.5mm high)

Once assembled, when I turn the gray ring, the legs slide on the shaft and come to position themselves on the railings. In this position, the legs are deformed by 0.5mm.

That's the principle, now I'm trying to determine the torque needed to turn this ring To limit this torque, I can resize the lugs.  To limit this torque, I can resize the legs.

Can someone help me? (even if it's not via Inventor, it will still guide me a little ;) )

Thank you in advance,

Greg

PS: attached the *.spt of the parts

ring-shaft.stp

Hello

I think it would be necessary to determine the (radial) force required to deform each lug of the outer ring by 0.5 mm (no need to model the inner part).

From the coefficient of friction between the 2 parts, this force gives a tangent force (x the number of deformed legs). By multiplying this force by the radius of the ring, we obtain a torque.

Unfortunately, I am also concerned that the margin of error of this method is very large given the low effort and uncertainties of calculation.

On the other hand, I don't know Inventor. So it's impossible to say how to do it with the software.