Same BOM for 2 configs

Hello

I am often confronted with the following problem:

I have an assembly with several configs. On the same drawing I show 2 configs but only one BOM. The problem is that suddenly my article number in my bubbles are valid for one config but not for the other.

On this screenshot (also in PC), we can see that the exploded platter has bubbles that do not correspond at all to the indications of the complete table which is in another configuration. Is it possible that the bubbles of the exploded config are consistent with those next to it?

Thank you

capture.jpg

I don't think sorry ;-(

since you have 2 configues so 2 pieces so 2 part ref

and the bubbles are put on the first part in your drawing after making your nomenclature

and your bill of materials is attached to the part inserted at the top

it's up to you to make 2 sheets

1 with your configue base

a 2 with your modified configue

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

The configuration of the bed must be linked to the nomenclature. Make ownership and link the configuration to the BOM.

The benchmarks will be the same

Kind regards

Sandrine

lier_nomenclature.jpg
6 Likes

Hello Ogrim,

Sometimes I am confronted with the same problem as you.

I haven't found a solution yet (apart from breaking the links and manually forcing the numbers of the bubbles)

I remain attentive to the answers:)

1 Like

@SB-38190  thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for!! =D

It deserves a lot of thumbs up^^

I was also surprised that Solidworks doesn't allow this kind of manipulation

capture.jpg
2 Likes

well done  @ SB-38190

We learn every day

It seemed to me that the same number of functions were needed in the derivative parts and the basic part

to make it work

thanks +1000

@+ ;-)

The problem can occur even if the views are in the same configuration.

You have to check this checkmark for each view to be sure that the balloons always follow the nomenclature.

at one time, this box was directly checked if you inserted a view after creating a nomenclature, but in SW2016 this is no longer the case.

2 Likes

Hello

You can associate your config with a nomenclature so that the bubbles "follow" each other.
To do this, you click right on your view where the bubbles are not compliant.>property and at the bottom of the window in bubbles you activate the icon and you select the nomenclaure. In general, there is only one.

So your bubbles conform to your BOM.

Hello

I'm in the same situation as @Thom@s.

On my MEP, I bring up 2 views from 2 different assembly configurations. Wishing to use a single BOM for the registration of identical parts of the 2 views, I thought I could link the 2nd view to the BOM (by checking the box "link balloon text to the specified table" in the properties of the drawing view (see procedure of @SB-38190 or @stephane.wey for example)).

However, it seems impossible for SLDWKS to link the view of a different configuration 2 with the nomenclature of configuration 1 on the same plane.

2 choices apply:

- Manually force the balloon text in view 2.

- make a ditto view of config 1, show (hack) config 2 by hiding the components / bodies, and in this case linking the bill of materials should work. I find that in this next case, it's a bit of a shame not to be able to use a configuration, it generates a risk of plan error).

Maybe one of you has a solution that we are waiting for with Thom@s.

Good luck with your 3D and drawing.

It is possible to display the quantities of several configurations in a BOM (that's one column per configuration).

I don't have SW on hand to take a screenshot, from memory it's the 3rd block of the feature manager of the nomenclature, usually it's not developed, that's why we miss it.