Mention in educational solidwork

Since we did the Solidworks 2017 update when printing the view, it appears at the bottom of the page: SOLIDWORKS Education Product. For educational purposes only. How can this mention be removed?

Weird...

Did you have an educational version before installing the update?

If so, it must have been incorrectly uninstalled.

Check in the Solidworks status bar in "show licenses" to see what type of license has been installed.

2 Likes

Hello

This is normal if you are using the student version of solidworks, or a part created with a student version. 

If you have a non-educational version of solidworks, then the problem is with the part. When you import the part, normally solidworks tells you that this file is from an educational version.

I found a technique to import an educational file into my professional solidworks version, without it being written that it's educational. All you have to do is save the file in STEP or parasolid, and open it in your standard, pro or premium version of solidworks. Normally, there should no longer be any mention of an educational version in your plans. (I only tested this technique on solidworks 2016, hope they didn't fix it in solidworks 2017)

Hoping I helped.

2 Likes

Hello

See http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/comment-retirer-sous-solidworks-2012-edition-d-education

Kind regards

Hello, we had the problem following a downloaded part. We had to send the parts in question to visiactiv', fill in a form and then they sent everything to Solidworks who kindly removed the educational license and sent us the "cleaned" parts.

Be careful: they are very vigilant about the fact because educational licenses are free unlike pro licenses.

It took us 2 weeks...

Kind regards

2 Likes

I specify that the parts in question were not created under an educational version but the pro version with license and that when the 2016 version was installed everything was normal. We have an educational license several years ago during student internships at the technical high school

Maybe it's that a reference document has been created or modified with the educational license and as a result, the software update has updated the referenced document and now it spreads to all new documents!?

If it's his, you need to find out as soon as possible if it's in the part, the plan or the assembly and redo it from scratch and especially from an official license in order to remove this problem, which will surely remain on the already existing parts... (like a 1st level virus...) *

Good luck in your search!

G.

1 Like