Drop-down menu in File Properties

Hi all

In a drawing, in the file properties, is it possible to have predefined values in the drop-down menu of the "Text Value/Expression" column?

My goal is to fill in the "Verified By" box of my title block, with "Smith" or "Durant", via the drop-down menu in the "Text Value/Expression" column.

This would save me from having to type in the name of the person who checks each time.

Thank you in advance for your enlightenment

Alex

2 Likes

You can do it in rooms with smartproperties, but I've never tried in a drawing.

3 Likes

Hello!!

The best solution I've found to quickly set the properties of a file is to go through the properties form editor!!

By clicking on the little house on the menu on the right side of your screen, you should have a direct link to this module available even with the Standard version of Solidworks. It allows you to define a property form that you can manage as you wish, lots of tools are at your disposal, drop-down lists, checkboxes and many others. In these drop-down lists, you can predefine values as you wish.

The best part is that you can pull out your form for any file and you can link the values to the annotations of your drawings or to the properties of your file!!

It's quite easy to use and very intuitive!

Here is a screenshot of an example of a form in the creation phase!

Kind regards

Joss

editeur_de_formulaire_de_propriete.png
5 Likes

Hi @ alexandre

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/editeur-de-formulaire-solidworks

you should find the right shoe for you ;-))

@+................

2 Likes

We do like Joss.

You have to get into the form editor's game once and then it rolls.

The only thing that still causes me problems is the lack of clarity of the icon to know if the property is linked to the config or is general.

1 Like

@ Stephano

with the form editor it's linked to your configue via the name you give it

and which of + is you can order fields to check voucher for purchase or prod etc.... which are dated in car

@+........

Yes, as @gt22 says, it's related to the name of your properties, it's a bit complicated at first, you have to feel your way around paying close attention to the names you give to your properties but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy and practical!

Cdt

Joss

1 Like

Hi all

Thanks for your quick answers, I'll test this editor and keep you posted if I can do it!

See you

Alex

1 Like

Hello everyone,

The property form editor is truly a flexible tool that adapts to everyone's needs.

A clear, complete tutorial: http://www.leguide3d.com/video/le-formulaire-de-propri-t-s-solidworks

Have a good weekend.

2 Likes

@GT22, I was talking about the 2 icons I circled on the attached screenshot.

These icons determine whether the property created via the form will appear in the "customize" tab or in the "configuration-specific" tab.

Knowing that a property with the same name can appear simultaneously in these 2 tabs but that the "specific to the configuration" tab takes precedence over the other.

editeur_prop_mod.jpg
2 Likes

@Stephano

+1