MEP Hidden Online Room Suppressed

Hello

I have a big problem with my drawings, it is a rather complex assembly bringing together a building and networks of pipes, ducts...
In order for my clients and us to better visualize each network on the drawings, I have created several display states per plan that I want to output. My method is simple: I put everything I don't want to highlight in deleted hidden edges and what I want to highlight, I put it in Edges in shaded image mode. I add the annotations and the ribs that go well and that's it.

My problem is when I want to print in PDF or print on the plotter, one of the networks of my building (always the same network) comes to put in Edges in shaded image mode. If I don't print anything or save as a PDF, this network is in Hidden Edges Deleted mode. As soon as I want to save as a PDF or print, the network appears when it has nothing to do on these plans.

I tried to remove the display states, redefine them afterwards, I tried to remove all the appearances of this network that is embedded in my MEPs, nothing to do about it... The problem is that we are getting to the phase where I am supposed to hand in TQC plans and mount the DOE... And I'm really worried about this bug, I can't afford to turn in plans like that...

For your information, this problem is recent, it has only appeared for a month, before I had no problems of this kind!

Thank you in advance for the answers you could possibly give me!

Cdt

Joss

Hi Joss, same on the other posts and via PDFCreator or edrawings for example?
1 Like

Hi PL,

I'm the only job to have Solidworks, by PDF creator it does the same and I haven't tested by Edrawing, I never use it...

When you print in PDF, do you use the printer function or save as?

I know that sometimes I have lines that disappear on my PDF with the "save as" while the print=>PDF function solves this problem for me

Another thing that helps sometimes is right click on the assembly in your drawing, then set light to solved (on the other hand, you cry about the speed of your 2D)

1 Like

And in the solidworks pdf export options, have you tried the different options?

Uncheck High Quality Lines

Uncheck High-quality shaded edges

etc etc...

2 Likes
And the views are good in high quality? (Or sketch them out if necessary, you never know...)
1 Like

So, I managed to solve my problem by setting my assembly to solved, so I put coincoin37 as the best answer even if I had already tried before and it didn't work...

Otherwise, I had also already tried to change the options of the pdfs and change the quality of the lines but it didn't change anything...

2 Likes

That's so cool. I have a better answer that hadn't worked before I said it^^ (the joys of Sldw ... )

1 Like