Error message when opening a solidworks file on solidworks composer

Everything is said in the title, I have this nice error message when converting a solidworks file to solidworks composer "version not supported", impossible to work.... What for?

Thank you.

Isn't it a superior SW version?

which version is the SW file to be converted to

and what is the version of Solidworks Composer

@+ ;-))

1 Like

Your piece comes from either a superior version, or an educational version. No?

1 Like

Hello

Does the version of SolidWorks match the version of Composer?

Otherwise, reopen the file in SolidWorks, save it, or save it as to make sure it is in the latest version.

One solution could be to export the file from SolidWorks in STEP to import it into SolidWorks Composer.

I have a 2015 composer version and the design office is working with a 2013 version of solidworks.

The problem would come from there?

Thank you

A solution found here that can work 

"To resolve this issue:

1) Open SolidWorks

2) Go to Tools > Options > System Options > File Explorer Options

3) Click "Restore File Associations"

Source (log in to your SolidWorks account before to open the link):

https://customerportal.solidworks.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=InvokeMethod&SWEMethod=GotoRecord&SWEService=SWGotoRecord&ViewName=SW+Solution+Preview+View+eService&BusObject=Solution&BusComp=Solution&Id=1-2DFBC8K&SRN=

A solution found here that can work 

"To resolve this issue:

1) Open SolidWorks

2) Go to Tools > Options > System Options > File Explorer Options

3) Click "Restore File Associations"

What will this manip do? Because the design office doesn't really want to no longer have access to their files...

I have the 2014 CD and it worked with this version, if I uninstall from 2015 and put the 2014 in its place it should work?

See this comm thread here

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/impossible-d-ouvrir-un-fichier-solidworks-dans-solidworks-composer-2014

information that can I think solve your problem to see up close

@+ ;-))

right-click on the file, and open with Solidworks 2014

Edit: You can install the 2014 while keeping the 2015. On my workstation, I have the 2 installed in parallel, it's not a problem.

You just have to rename the 2015 installation folder and the toolbox by adding in the name of the 2015 folder at the end for example.

It avoids conflicts between versions.

1 Like