Error message "the function could not cut the body"

During a material removal by extrusion in the middle plane, the software informs me that the function could not cut the body" while I have not changed anything in my design habits (unless a parameter has been skipped...?)

pb_ne_peut_couper_le_corps.png

Hello

Can you mail your piece? Because we can't see the context in which you are.

Thank you

2 Likes

Sldwk 2017

jet_55_-_Manche_-_corps4.sldprt

This is the last function that is problematic

Why, in Direction 1, you chose "Through Everything – Both".

If you select "Through Everything" it must be good.

I'm in SW2019 so I can't send the file back to you. For my part, the function does not put itself in error and is well executed.

2 Likes

I chose the function "through everything - both" because the sketch was made on the central plane (symmetrical part). Having made different tests (blind, through everything, until the next surface...) always the same problem. Always the same error message.

Weird, I opened the file and I don't have an error.
Try to restart the machine completely.

From a methodological point of view (even if I have my own idea) why do a material removal when it seems to me sufficient to modify the thickness of the function (Boss.-Extru.4)

2 Likes

I do not change the thickness of the extrusion boss 4 because this part is the basis for several models on which I either add thickness or remove it according to the customer's needs, without changing the basic shape

If not, what would be your method?

At first when I open the room, indeed nothing as a problem. It's as soon as I start working example adding a function or other that the function "extrud 13 mat removal" is a problem

I added a hole, did a material removal by extrusion without having any problem.

Can you mail the part when it is in an error state?

1 Like

hello I'm probably coming after the battle

but I just opened the attached file

and no mistake and I didn't do anything to rebuild ;-)

I post the file again under SW 2017 without having touched it ;-)

If that's not it, an explanation is necessary, thank you

@+ ;-)

jet_55_-_Manche_-_corps4.sldprt
2 Likes

Hello

Indeed, after "Rebuild" the initial file, the function is no longer in error and I can also do other functions.

The file posted by @gt22 opens without any problem at my place.

There is certainly an explanation. I don't see it!

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello

Always the problem.

The only solution found is to save in STEP and then open and there the problem is no longer there. But suddenly, some forms become "imported"

@ Thomas

Did you take my file to see

since it works for me and others

Explains what is wrong with clear elements

what's your config pc system cgu cpu memory 

windaube 

For me I only had to rebuild and everything is ok

@+

1 Like

Hello

Same for me, I have no problem with this part.

However, I see a small difference between what is in thomas.bossonnet and in all the other members, it's this little question mark on the function "Kidnap. mat.-Extru.1" which indicates a reference to an assembly that only Thomas has, wouldn't the problem come from the assembly rather than the part?

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hi all

You will have to uncheck in Tools / options / performance / the box, check on reconstruction 

I hope it solves your room 

CDLT

1 Like

It worked. Thank you!