Thickness measurement on section

Hello

on a part with a complex surface (smoothing), I would like to output the smallest thickness on a defined section without going through a sketch, (tangent tracing etc....) is there a tool that allows this on the 3D?? Working on a cut??

Thank you

Hello 

Do you have a picture or a piece to get an idea?

Hello

With the Measure tool it doesn't work?

Hello

Have you  tried  the "thickness analysis" tool

may the force be with you.

Edit: when you have done the analysis you can put the mouse on the colored areas and you can see the thickness there.

ep.jpg
6 Likes

The best if I understood correctly is to  fill in the part treated

via the surface

so you'll have a full body

and then you do the hull function and you will have the desired thickness

It's then up to you to cut out the rest of the canvas that clogs your section since the shell function

@+ ;-)

If Obi Wan's solution does not work, it is possible to extract the 2 intersection curves and perhaps measure the distance between them.

1 Like

Hello

Yes, it is possible with intersection curves, but your sketch plane must intersect the surfaces at the smallest thickness of your defined section. So you need to find a way to create references for your plan in the exact place.

Sorry for the delay, but I ended up working on the section.

I went through the analysis tool but I needed measurements in specific places, so I ended up extruding my part at the level of the desired section in order to be able to work in sketch on a surface, I solved my problem and came out with the measurements I was expecting.

Thank you all

3 Likes