Flattening a spherical part

Hello

I try to flatten a piece of sheet metal drawn in a sphere, no matter how hard I look, I can't find the right solution... In fact, I can't even convert this part into sheet metal

I have the impression that we should use the surface, but then... it's no longer my domain

Do you have a tip?

Thank you for your help

plaque.sldprt

Hello ahmed

Thank you for your answer, I tried to download the piece from the site and I manage to open it, is it surprising?

Actually I found this on the solidworkds help, http://help.solidworks.com/2018/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_flatten_surface.htm

Except that from what I understand it's only available on the premium version, and of course I'm on the pro version:)

What do you think?

Yes correct

with flattering surface

or flat surface

but as you say

You need a premium version

@+

Hello

Your piece comes from a part of a sphere and this is not unfoldable because it is bent in both directions.  

Indeed in the pro version I'm totally stuck... :(

Otherwise you can try via stamping which might also work.

The idea is to make a shape tool afterwards in CNC, given the curvature it's not very difficult I think, but I would have preferred to do a laser cut of the 0.5mm aluminum sheet before that!

I'm going to look at the stamping tool, I had already taken a look but without much hope!

Thank you for your answers

Hello, I finally found a charitable soul with a premium version, the function is now accessible in my pro version for this file...

thank you for your help

1 Like