Formatting text in solidworks

Hi all

Here is my pb:

I'd like to give a geometric shape to my text. That is to say, write the word TEXT but in the shape of a trapezoid. (I have attached an example of a text form that I want to make)

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance. 

unnamed.png

Hello

You can import your image into Solidworks and redraw on top of it, but otherwise I don't think it's possible, at least not in 2016. To be seen with colleagues who have higher versions.

1 Like

By playing with geometry, like a projection on an inclined plane, you should be able to achieve something nice starting from a standard text.

3 Likes

Hello @gmarion93

I confirm the proposal of @ac cobra427 not possible to do this otherwise.

Solidworks is particularly poor on everything that is text (it's the union minimum and even then).

However, if your image is imperatively of high quality, there is a SW tool that allows you to do clipping. Look here, it's very well explained. Be careful to put the right size from the beginning, it simplifies the rest.

Kind regards

Hello

I forgot to mention the Conversio  tool 

See also Sketching Tool in SW

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you all. So I'm going to redraw using "sketch image".

Well, there's work, but it should be doable.

Hello

Otherwise, you just have to modify your text with vector drawing software and export the modified geometry in dxf.

So you can simply import the dxf of your text into solidworks to do whatever you want.

I am attaching a pdf to show you a little bit of the steps. I used "Inkscape" which is an open source vector drawing software and can therefore export in dxf. (https://inkscape.org/fr/)

I also quickly found a tutorial on YouTube that explains how to edit your text to give it the shape you want: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibDxlvgJQ_k) The explanatory part for editing text is between 0:50 and 2:35.

Kind regards

Gauthik

texte_en_trapeze.pdf
3 Likes

@Gauthik67 Excellent thanks.

Will you be able to save a lot of time with your solution;)

Cdt

Greg

2 Likes