Server migration

Hello

We want to change the server, the new server will have a different name.

How do I not lose the links with all the files?

Kind regards 

If all the solidworks files are on the new server, no worries.

On the other hand, if an assembly on server A contains parts on server C (previously named B, then it is a problem.)

To verify my words, just copy a small assembly on a usb key, if all the files are contained on the usb key, no worries.

By default, solidworks searches in the same place with the same folder name if the drive letter changes.

Hello srouxel,

If you have myCADtools, there is one tool that does this very well: Dependencies

https://help.visiativ.com/mycadtools/2021/fr/Dependencies.html 

Cdlt

Alan

simple storage server (NAS type) or PDM server?

if NAS type:
- Did you assign a letter to the network drive? If so, do you keep the same?
- If no letter, no big problems if you only have descending trees. If the system needs to resurface, you may need to retrace the load, but once it does, there is no need to go back to it. For example, with us, we have a business directory with sub-directories for each subset and a sub-directory for trade; If you run just a subset, it might be a problem, but if you run the whole machine, it will be fine.

Hello

Here's the path we use for a plan:

\\AD-SERVER\Data\Partage_solid\PLANS\211\21100003

Each piece has its own file with the drawing, pdf, dxf etc.

The server is an AD server but the new one will not have the same name.

The entire PLAN folder will be copied to the new server.

So my fear is that the solidworks will lose its way.

To answer stefbeno there is no letter on the network (it's not a reader)

I don't have any particular experience in this field but as much as the drawings will find their part without any problem (current repertoire) I have fears about the assemblies.