Auto-update of Driven Curves

Hello

I have little hope, but is there a way for curves driven by equations containing variables to be recalculated and redrawn when I change the value of the variable from the handler?

To recalculate I have to edit a curve, modify a data with like a +1, validate, reedit, remove the +1, and validate...

1 Like

Hello Sylk,

Unless I'm mistaken, it's not possible to do what you ask of a spline, or maybe go through configurations by creating the desired shapes. I don't see it any other way.
Have a nice day.
@+.
AR.

1 Like

Workaround:

• Sketch with a straight segment with dimensioned length
  • associates the curve control parameter with the previous length dimension
    To change the parameter, simply change the dimension and do an F5 or Ctrl-Q depending on the number of calculations.
3 Likes

Hello @stefbeno
Thank you. This circumvention is well seen.
I associated my variable with a dimension and then used that dimension in the curve equations. And it works very well. When I change the value of the variable and then validate, the driven curves are directly updated and redrawn :ok_hand:
I switched the rating to read-only and then hidden, so that it doesn't pollute the display. There is always the visible line, but you can always put it on a hidden sketch.

I would have preferred a native update, but hey your solution is totally and perfectly acceptable!
And since it has the merit of unblocking this situation before the fixes, I choose it as the best answer.

Thanks again